Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion home kit 2017/18

Yoda

English & European
Erm, am I the only one who thinks the shoulder blue is the wrong shade of blue?

How many times is this going to be mentioned by people?

It is the same blue, it's just that is thin blue & white stripes.
web-IMG_6869_1200x1200_w.jpg

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Which you can only tell if you are six inches away from it. From anything further away than that it looks like a faded out, different blue.

Terrible shirt with way too much tinkering with the details, making it look like a right mess.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

But from a distance it looks wrong.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Probably because I like clean blocks of colour on a kit, unadorned with twiddly bits.

That said my all time iconic kit is the swirly Croatia one, which is a bit more flairy than bold. I can't fint my exact fave but imagine even this in blue and white . . . .

View attachment 86835

That would drive me nuts, it looks like a cheep t shirt that's been washed and gone all twisted out of shap. Yuck!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That would drive me nuts, it looks like a cheep t shirt that's been washed and gone all twisted out of shap. Yuck!

Each to his own I guess :cheers:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
But from a distance it looks wrong.

No sure if this applies to football shirts but, if loving you is wrong, I don't want to be right. But I am right. Does that make me a bad person?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Which you can only tell if you are six inches away from it. From anything further away than that it looks like a faded out, different blue.

Terrible shirt with way too much tinkering with the details, making it look like a right mess.

It's far from my fave Albion shirt, but at the same time a long way from being terrible.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Liverpool, Citeh and Palace have the most iconic kits this season. I hate to say it. . . .

The rest are all fiddly and messy. Why has our shirt (on AmexR's link) not got a player in it?

Anyway, it isn't about shirts. It is about passion. And points. And, er, flair.

:tumble::shutup:

Apologies.
Palace's latest Barcelona rip-off is simple and fairly bold, I'll grant you, but iconic? Ajax's single red stripe, Celtic's green and white hoops, Real Madrid's all white - these kits are iconic in the sense of being famous and recognisable everywhere, but I doubt if many people beyond these shores could tell you what colours Palace play in.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I'm a fan of the sleeves personally, as at a distance it's just a lighter shade of the same blue it complements it nicely. Feels very 'summer' :shrug:

Yoda

English & European

Someone clearly doesn't know what he's looking at/talking about. Goes on about how the "bubbles" on Huddersfield's stripes could've been better done like the "fade" on Burnley & Leicesters sleeve trim, yet can't even see that that same trim is actually just smaller bubbles.

Would they also have been as critical about Wednesday if they had come up and reverted to their traditional stripes?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Liverpool, Citeh and Palace have the most iconic kits this season. I hate to say it. . . .

The rest are all fiddly and messy.

Agree with that. The Liverpool kit is similar to their late 70's kit, albeit with main sponsors name on it:
IMG_2176.JPG
IMG_2177.JPG

Most of the others appear far too busy and/or the block the sponsor's name is set in dominant and ugly.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That Liverpool strip from the late '70s really is a simplistic thing of beauty and a perfect illustration of how 'less is so much more' when it comes to designing football kits.

Their 2017/18 shirt is probably one of the best of next season's crop - again because of it's simple, clean design. This for me is where our kit for next season falls down badly. Way too fussy and a right hotchpotch of design twists that just makes the whole thing look like 3 completely different shirts stitched together. Would have loved something like Bournemouth's Umbro top but in blue and white. It's not difficult, FFS.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Even close up it looks a different colour due to the white stripes. It's not great. As for the back of the shirt, my word it's bad. Light blue across the shoulders, a darker blue for the back and then some stripes for the bottom 6 inches.

It really shouldn't be too difficult to make a half decent shirt. Blue and white stripes, that's it. Yet, somehow, both us and Huddersfield have managed to butcher it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here