Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Rumour is at least one poll to come out tonight will show Labour winning

Probably referring to the Survaation poll which came out tonight - but showed Tories with a lead of less than 1% (.9 to be precise). The other one out tonight, ICM, gives the Tories a 12 point lead!

Whatever the outcome, some of the polling companies will get it badly wrong.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Probably referring to the Survaation poll which came out tonight - but showed Tories with a lead of less than 1% (.9 to be precise). The other one out tonight, ICM, gives the Tories a 12 point lead!

Whatever the outcome, some of the polling companies will get it badly wrong.

Survation are the ones going all in on the youth turnout aren't they? At least they've kept it exciting but I'm not sure I'm seeing it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Loads of polls came out today and one last one is due tomorrow. Tories have managed to stop the narrowing. YouGov bottle it late on and change their methodology to give Cons a bigger lead, which brings some sinister questions to mind. Still, you get the sense that they were right to do so and the Tories will get a majority tomorrow (I hope I am wrong). The only saving grace is Theresa May, who I regard as a disaster for this country, will forever be weakend by her terrible campaign and now people see her for who she really is.

[tweet]872591111746990080[/tweet]

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Isn't she responsible from removing up to 20,000 bobbies off the street , played into terrorists hands as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Played into terrorists hands as well".....are you for real?
And just to confirm you are in some way trying to compare her cuts in Police budgets....(which is wrong by he way)......to turning up and being arrested at a pro IRA political rally after the IRA bombed our city. And to this day refuses to condemn the murdering actions of the IRA....and before there's any issues....Jeremy Corbyn has categorically refused to condemn the murders of British citizens and Soldiers...fact!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Wrong....because all the while foreign aid is maintained at the same level and our national services...such as the Police..are having to endure budget cuts....then it's a simple argument....it's wrong!

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought you were disputing the cuts.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Loads of polls came out today and one last one is due tomorrow. Tories have managed to stop the narrowing. YouGov bottle it late on and change their methodology to give Cons a bigger lead, which brings some sinister questions to mind. Still, you get the sense that they were right to do so and the Tories will get a majority tomorrow (I hope I am wrong). The only saving grace is Theresa May, who I regard as a disaster for this country, will forever be weakend by her terrible campaign and now people see her for who she really is.

[tweet]872591111746990080[/tweet]
Have to say, I think the London Bridge attacks stopped Labour's momentum. It's now become an election focused mainly on one issue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just a few hours till the polls open - anyone else still in a quandary?
Yes. Am I allowed to say how I intend to vote, given that we're now on election day? I've forgotten the rules.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Jeremy Corbyn has categorically refused to condemn the murders of British citizens and Soldiers...fact!

Except when he said "I condemn all the bombing by both the loyalists and the IRA"

I should say that I did find the British left's IRA sympathies during the eighties fairly disgusting, but then I was equally disgusted by Thatcher's support for murderous regimes in South Africa and Chile and by a lot of supposedly patriotic British people's support for similar murderous gangs that labelled themselves 'loyalist'. Corbyn is a peacenik and, even as a leftie, I find this troubling in a leader in a world that does not always respond to gentle persuasion. I think there is enough to criticise him for without making claims that are easily proved to be false.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's right/left - but given the choice I'm left right now, as I would have been in the 1980's. I have a choice though, and this man, demonised by many, has actually become a hero to me. I don't agree with him on many things, but his principles and the fact he actually seems to care about people like me - son of an NHS midwife for one - I admire him immensely now. The abuse this bloke gets, but the common tough principles he retains......he reminds me of a mutual hero of ours. In the meantime, I'm voting Labour, proudly, today. I haven't done in 20 years. I have my local Labour candidates poster in my front window too. I don't agree with Jeremy Corbyn on everything, but f**k do I admire the bloke more after this election. I'm proud to be voting Labour today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here