Sheffield Wednesday vs Brighton *** Official Match Thread ***

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
01/10/16
Venue: Hillsborough
Kick Off: 3pm

For only the 2nd time in 2 seasons Brighton manager Chris Hughton will be without both of his central midfield generals as both Beram Kayal (injured) and Dale Stephens (suspended) will miss the game.

Oliver Norwood and Steve Sidwell are expected to be the direct replacements in a 4-4-2 formation.

Brighton boast the best defensive record in the Championship so far this season with only 6 goals conceded but Sheffield Wednesday will approach the game with confidence after winning their last 2 matches.

Expected Brighton starting 11:

Stockdale
Bruno
Duffy
Dunk
Bong
Knockaert
Sidwell
Norwood
Skalak
Murray
Hemed

My prediction? A very close game and a 1-1 draw seems a likely outcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo9h3Mm6YC0

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
2-0 Wednesday

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just about to leave on the happy train to Sheffield, groovy

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just about to leave on the happy train to Sheffield, groovy

If we go against my prediction,you will be one of the special ones to say i was there......Uber Fan....let's hope it happens.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If we go against my prediction,you will be one of the special ones to say i was there......Uber Fan....let's hope it happens.

This has strange feeling today, just for once can we get it right [MENTION=18192]Wednesday[/MENTION] away..........

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This has strange feeling today, just for once can we get it right [MENTION=18192]Wednesday[/MENTION] away..........

It's weird,i know our record is poor vs them anyway,but apparently we have not won up there for 100 years..... without Stephens and Kayal it would be a triumph...also it would help the team and give us some confidence too.. UTA

Safe trip..

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales

I hope so. I think this will be my fourth or fifth visit to Hillsborough and I don't think I have seen us score yet!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I hope so. I think this will be my fourth or fifth visit to Hillsborough and I don't think I have seen us score yet!

I have a vague memory of once seeing Chippy scoring at Wednesday but we lost 2-1 if memory serves me correct but I think that is the only goal I have seen us score there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I have a vague memory of once seeing Chippy scoring at Wednesday but we lost 2-1 if memory serves me correct but I think that is the only goal I have seen us score there.

Yep I was there for that. Cracking goal - took us a while to realise he'd scored from that far out. Poor performance though if I recall...

2-0 Wednesday for me. Hopefully have Kayal & Stephens back in the middle in 2 weeks :)

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
It's weird,i know our record is poor vs them anyway,but apparently we have not won up there for 100 years..... without Stephens and Kayal it would be a triumph...also it would help the team and give us some confidence too.. UTA

Safe trip..

Never won at Hillsborough. 6 draws and 8 defeats.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Enlightened bunch

c530868938c6e58ba55929b9b428b546.png

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here