Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sherry's, Pink Coconut, Paradox etc......

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Lived my clubbing days in that area; Sherry's, the Coconut, Paradox, Top Rank Suite, Busby's, Coasters. Fantastic days. And to be honest I'd rather see a hotel there than the sad state it is in currently.

sherryoldboy

Aug 29, 2013
Friday/Sat night pub crawl down West St,Bosun Vanguard The Lanes Dreek CarverThe ship Ect then a Toss up for Sherrys or Top rank.
Found and lost a few girlfriends in both venue's. Murphy sisters and the Ball sister come to mind.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Do the route of pubs starting at Shades with all the lads, then get in Swifts before leaving for the "Mango" queue in pairs. Run the gauntlet of the bouncers, then all meet up again inside. Drink shite lager looking for a girl who takes your fancy, then wait for the slowies before plucking up the courage to make a move.

joker

BHA Blues Away
Aug 2, 2010
Eastbourne
It was a choice between dancing at the suite or possible punch up at Sherrys in my day, opted for Sherrys most nights and worked at the Paradox, also had the choice of Jenkinsons if we wanted a posh night out

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Loved sherrys. It was the first nightclub I went to. Managed to get in as a 16 year old with a lot of help from my neighbours all females. They surrounded me and I managed to get in unnoticed by the door staff. Got some strange looks when inside but I didn't care I was in. I was hooked and the same scenario was performed regularly until I reached 18 and got in legally! Loved the place, balconies the lasers everything. When it became the pink coconut I only ventured in there a few times. It's a shame it's going but I guess that's what they call progress.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Lived my clubbing days in that area; Sherry's, the Coconut, Paradox, Top Rank Suite, Busby's, Coasters. Fantastic days. And to be honest I'd rather see a hotel there than the sad state it is in currently.

They were indeed fantastic days.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Shame. Had some great nights in the Pink Coconut in the early 90's including my 21st. And i saw Blur play an intimate gig there in 1994 at height of their fame. Will be sad to see it demolished, shame they can't just develop the existing building.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Happy days... Sherrys... laser disco ball.. snogging and even more up on the balcony.... top venue... Pink Coconut... fights mostly.. the vibe was just as good as Sherrys but with increased violence to my memory... also increased sexual activity up on the balcony.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Me too..... great nights out...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Sunday nights in Sherry's '74 to '77. You had to wear a tie to get in. Don't remember much fighting in those days. The only one I remember was 2 girls going at it, hair pulling, scratching, slapping etc. while rolling on the floor. Big crowd watching till the bouncers eventually decided to stop the fun.
Saturday nights was normally Sloopy's for me, getting tanked up first in The Windsor Tavern.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Happy days... Sherrys... laser disco ball.. snogging and even more up on the balcony.... top venue... Pink Coconut... fights mostly.. the vibe was just as good as Sherrys but with increased violence to my memory... also increased sexual activity up on the balcony.....

I was a regular at pink coconut/paradox I genuinely can't remember seeing a single fight in there.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I was a regular at pink coconut/paradox I genuinely can't remember seeing a single fight in there.
Almost every visit..which was often at least once a week..... I recall a scuffle or two.... I know I had a few myself.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Have been to all 3 of its incarnations, I'd like to have a look round the old place before it goes.

Aaaah I get you, one last lap before lights on, see what stragglers are left, time to be brave and ask every single woman in turn whether they want a dance or taxi home, you'll be asking for a look round the building that was once Chatanoogas next .............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here