Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
We are due to give someone a thumping, and Newcastle are ripe for it at the moment, I can see us winning today.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Waiter in the restaurant last night said he thinks we’ll win - by his reckoning the Toon defence is useless. Very pessimistic about their prospects this season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
We are due to give someone a thumping, and Newcastle are ripe for it at the moment, I can see us winning today.

This (but a cagey chess like feeling each other out kind of way until the 90th minute when a thumping shot off target smashes into Locadias arse and rolls gently into the net )

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Come on the Saints. I manage the U7'S so a bit bias [emoji851].

Get lost, up the Borough my eldest is playing - Sussex Snr County Cup as well (I think)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Far too early to be worrying about this when you consider 2 of our 3 away defeats we’re at Liverpool and Man City and our goal difference could have been a hell of a lot worse because of that !
Agreed. The three defeats were that shite performance at Watford, a very good performance v Liverpool and not getting thumped by City.

Yes we need to improve results away from home but (Watford aside) we've not played badly in the away games so far.

A bit of luck would be nice or failing that a 0-3 thumping of the useless Toon!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Maybe, but I think we need a settled side playing well together before a thumping can be administered. With so many midfield changes because of injury I doubt we can do that.

There's some truth to that. I am still optimistic about today though, we've been decent at times so far this season and for the most part that has been against much tougher opposition. I'm hoping we can put to bed the slow starts and play with some confidence today, because if we can't do that against second from bottom who can we do it against? & we know we can do it, and when we do we are at our best.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stephens is there. I didn’t see Bissouma or Gross on the clubs twitter video but I may just have missed them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Looking at the stats in the opening post it looks like it's going to be a case of which team can be the least atrocious will come away with the points.

I was hugely confident a week ago but it's increasingly leaving me. If Stephens, Propper and Gross are all absent then a midfield pairing of Kayal and Bissouma would surely mean that we can't expect to sit back and defend for 90 minutes. So maybe, just maybe, we're going to go balls to the wall out attacking flair: Kayal, Bissouma, Izquierdo, Ali J, Knockaert and Murray.

A win would be huge. Not only would it put us comfortably in midtable, it'd leave us 9 points ahead of Newcastle and would mean they'd be winless in their opening nine games and having lost what on paper would be considered one of their easiest three games of the season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here