Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The other Dick Head at it again!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think yes as the central plank of CE defence in the retrial was to call into the question the character of the 'victim.' Anyway we will never know what the juries deliberations involved so we could speculate between now and until a Brexit deal is reached and still be none the wiser.

Indeed we could.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Do you listen to radio Sussex ? Johnny Cantor is one of the best pundit/ commentators about. On premier league football. Hasn’t played football to even county league standard afaik or the football ramble podcast guys or Henry winter or Paul Hayward - and most national football journalists. Yet more articulate, insightful about football. If it doesn’t matter for them then why does it matter so much for you if they are female ?

Johnny Cantor is a class act, in my opinion better than most of the BBC commentators on national TV/radio. He possesses the ability to accurately relay the course of a match, with passion, without it being all about him. Youtube clips such out last win at Craven Cottage showcase this.

Leon Knight’s just a fairly unpleasant person. He won’t find a role in the media or management, and might then do ‘a Collymore’ blaming the race card.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Think I would rather listen to her that Lawro droning on like an ambulance with a flat battery.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Christ. I got slated for having 'sly digs' at women's football a couple of weeks ago because I asked if the quality was still poor with crap goalkeepers.

I really thought it would have come on more than that. A decent men's county league team would batter them, from that evidence.

Comedy goalkeeping......and people pay to watch it.!!...is it because they watch anything BHA with blue and white tinted specs....or jumping on the ladies football bandwagon..

Its not for me.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Comedy goalkeeping......and people pay to watch it.!!...is it because they watch anything BHA with blue and white tinted specs....or jumping on the ladies football bandwagon..

Its not for me.

Bandwagon jumpers. Weren't into it 10 years ago. It still existed then. Never featured on any Albion related radio show......

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I agree with Leon. These women pundits haven't got a clue. When will we ever see one Flem all over a young girl, whilst driving on the motorway?

The women's game has a long way to go.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Its not for me.

Bandwagon jumpers. Weren't into it 10 years ago. It still existed then. Never featured on any Albion related radio show......

Your misogyny is clearly hiding a deep-rooted issue you both refuse to come to terms with.

You should get a room together. Without women, of course.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Your misogyny is clearly hiding a deep-rooted issue you both refuse to come to terms with.

Yet again you fail to address the points i made in a previous post, instead doing your usual and resorting to insults. How does me saying I think women's football is a poor quality minority sport make me a misogynist? I thought the England v Switzerland game was low quality does that make me a man hater? Yet again I do not hate women, in fact I'm highly attracted to them.

But throwing insults is typical of your sort as soon as someone dares disagree with you.......'racist' 'sexist' etc etc is always the retort, instead of throwing insults why don't you engage in debate as I've done so? You just don't like anyone on here daring to disagree with you let alone a 'woman hating' little upstart like me. You get back to ya trendy oh so intelligent liberal friends and go to Crawley and join one bird and her dog watching albion women.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
LK is damn right, Alex Scott or any other woman 'pundit' views have absolutely no validity whatsoever having never played the men's game and having only played to 'park' standard. It's an absolute insult to successful ex footballers who have played the game at the highest level such as Redknapp, Carragher, Souness to have her or any other female beside them on the panel as an equal. You may as well have me on the panel (ex park footballer).

As for 'arry' what a snob!!! Why mock someone's working class East end accent? Your type probably purport to hate middle class 'Tory scum' and yet mock someone because they have an accent reflective of where they were born? Incidently would you refer to Hope Powell as 'ope' as she was born in Lewisham so therefore doesn't speak with a clipped home counties accent?

What a load of old bollocks.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Kind of agree, but getting more used to it. Alison Mitchell for example is pretty good commentating on Test Match Special and has been doing it for ages so it doesn't seem 'odd' any more. Not sure she's ever played cricket at any level. Maybe she's just an experienced professional who is good at her job.

Exactly.

New things always seem strange at first. I can actually remember thinking, many years ago, I just spent 20 minutes listening to Ian Wright and the first thought in my head wasn't 'crikey, he's black'. When I hear a woman commentator on the radio now I don't think anything - couldn't tell you who or when was the last - just washes over me. At the moment if I see Alex Scott in the studio with hairy alpha males I do think, momentarily 'she's a woman'. But it will pass. :shrug:

As someone who had to use a launderette well into adulthood, I still get the thrill of the new every time I use my lovely Neff washing machine, though. :punk

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Is that the best you can do? another attempt at bullying people who dont agree with you...

I do not like the standards of womens football ..........so go ahead shoot me.... its not against the law to dislike certain sports.

you remain as ever a complete bellend who seems to think that what ever you like is the only way.....guess what....your wrong.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Is that the best you can do? another attempt at bullying people who dont agree with you...

I do not like the standards of womens football ..........so go ahead shoot me.... its not against the law to dislike certain sports.

you remain as ever a complete bellend who seems to think that what ever you like is the only way.....guess what....your wrong.

Nods approvingly and in agreement. Finds it highly amusing the esteemed DJ can't engage in debate but can throw insults.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Knew you'd be along.

In the past a thread like this would hit 10 pages in an hour. But no one bothers any more, becuase if you are not 100% PC, the snowflakes,( yes you describe wellish, more like people that are offended for the sake of being offended), are all over them and don't want to listen to anything other than there own short sighted views.

I think Leon Knights a soppy like ****. Doesn't make me racist because he's black. Thats my opinion of the man. But I, like a lot of people I know, and no doubt most people that have played football to any sort of standard, probably saw that and thought, he's got a point. Last year there was the odd one, this year it seems they have a quota to fill.

Anyway, Where was all the threads a couple of years ago demanding more women pundits? I don't recall many.

No all of a sudden we seem to have them everywhere, the same old lefties are out calling anyone who disagrees with them a dinosaur or living in the past.

I for one, don't want to listen to country league standard players taking about top standard football.

Any more than I want to listen to a group of just men annalising womens tennis. I'd rather the girls do that. But with tennis men and woman talk about each others games as they pretty well matched skill wise, they only differ in psychical strength.

Men and womens football are miles and miles apart in standard and I don't want to listen to people who play at a very low standard analyse a sport at a standard they are not capable of competing in, and that's not just woman, that's men as well.

Misogynist.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have to say that I found the woman on Final Score on BBC last night ****ing irritating, not because she was a woman but more to do with the semi hysterical shouty way she covered every game. There are plenty of women who cover sport well, Gabby Logan for example but why the need to get shouty screeching women, are they told that this is the way to cover football? Show lots of passion?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Care to elaborate?

I think your two main points, that a woman's view about men's football has no validity (indeed that the only view about men's football that has any validity is the view of a former male player), and that referring to Redknapp as 'Arry is mocking the working class, are ludicrous. You are confusing your personal prejudices (we all have them, as I acknowledge elsewhere) with a reasoned and justifiable position. You sound like Alf Garnett, justifying (as he did in Till Death us Do Part) why women and black people should not be found in a man's workplace. Is that enough elaboration for you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have to say that I found the woman on Final Score on BBC last night ****ing irritating, not because she was a woman but more to do with the semi hysterical shouty way she covered every game. There are plenty of women who cover sport well, Gabby Logan for example but why the need to get shouty screeching women, are they told that this is the way to cover football? Show lots of passion?

*cough Jonathan Pearce in the early 90s *cough*

'Not alll commentators appeal to all listeners' shock horror. But let's single out the women, why not?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
*cough Jonathan Pearce in the early 90s *cough*

'Not alll commentators appeal to all listeners' shock horror. But let's single out the women, why not?

I thought it was a given that some men are ****wits at commentating but we are talking women on this thread no?

...and yeah I WILL single out the very annoying woman on Final Score yesterday. My wife who has no interest in football and wasn’t even watching looked up from her book and said “ffs what an annoying voice that woman has” :smile:

Go on, call me out as a misogynist :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I thought it was a given that some men are ****wits at commentating but we are talking women on this thread no?

...and yeah I WILL single out the very annoying woman on Final Score yesterday. My wife who has no interest in football and wasn’t even watching looked up from her book and said “ffs what an annoying voice that woman has” :smile:

Go on, call me out as a misogynist :wink:

I don't have any issue with your comments. It is the comments of other I find cringeworthy. Thus your comments in their context have a different connotation. For example, if the thread was 'about' how women should not earn as much as men, and you wrote that you met a woman who wasn't very good at her job, in the context of the thread you are unintentionally adding support to the original premise.

Anyway, you know all that already, I'm sure. :cheers:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here