Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] I've been interviewed by Louder Than War, so I have....

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I have dipped my toe, albeit streaming over a laptop. I listened after my first post on this thread but (back to hearing) I can't help but feel streaming over a laptop does you a massive injustice. That track in a film score over a big surround sound would be absolutely incredible. Great work.

True, it's safe to say my music doesn't lend itself to laptop speakers etc, there's a lot of dynamic range I keep in the mixing and mastering, rather than compressing everything for a 'radio-friendly' sound to be played on iPads, phones etc. Let me know what you think if you do have a listen through something more meaty. Cheers!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thanks mate :)

My hearing issues are a combination of playing very loud live and rehearsing, no coincidence that my left side was my 'amp ear', going to see loads of live bands and the clubbing you mention (those Zap nights were legendary), complicated by health issues including the Meniere's thing. One good thing is that there is far more awareness about noise-induced hearing loss in the music world now, and the associated technology to mean one can still enjoy the live experience without risking permanent damage.

Thanks for the best wishes.

No worries. Those Zap nights - the Good Friday all nighters, wondering what the heck Eric Powell would play. watching the stage fill up from the stairs and, in my case, nearly getting beaten up by Chesney Hawkes' mates during a Sister Bliss set (don't ask). I was a member for three years and took my now wife there for a date :eek:

Sufficiently impressed by the you tube over laptop experience to play your stuff properly loud. As I'm old and sensible now I'll probably wait till the neighbours are out :lol:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Very interesting interview that made me want to check the music out (which is surely the point :) ).

I can't believe anyone makes music with hearing issues. It staggered me when I heard about Beethoven when I was a kid and about Evelyn Glennie when I was an adult but those are just the two most famous cases. I guess there must be many, shall we say "experienced", musicians who have to get over this due simply to a life surrounded by very loud music. As someone who used to stick my head in the bass bin every now and again when John OO Fleming (didn't think I'd see that name again) was resident at The Zap on a Friday night I'm not sure how I've got away with it. Good luck with your hearing and health. It's funny how you have no idea what others on NSC are going through at times.

Bono suffers with Tinnitus, seem to remember reading somewhere that Bono was the name of a hearing aid shop in Dublin

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No worries. Those Zap nights - the Good Friday all nighters, wondering what the heck Eric Powell would play. watching the stage fill up from the stairs and, in my case, nearly getting beaten up by Chesney Hawkes' mates during a Sister Bliss set (don't ask). I was a member for three years and took my now wife there for a date :eek:

Sufficiently impressed by the you tube over laptop experience to play your stuff properly loud. As I'm old and sensible now I'll probably wait till the neighbours are out :lol:

Haha, oh yes. The Chesney Hawkes' mates story - now that's one I'd like to hear sometime :)

zefarelly

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Good work. The Dials had a good review from Louder than war, we were equally chuffed.

We're financially poor but musically and artistically rich no as well!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Good work. The Dials had a good review from Louder than war, we were equally chuffed.

We're financially poor but musically and artistically rich no as well!

Cheers mate. LTW have some good journos who really know their stuff. Glad you got a good review too, I'll have a read if you still have the link. All power to the poor / rich folk :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here