Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Goodison Park

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I was lucky in that my view was unrestricted. Unlucky in that behind us were the worst so called ‘Albion fans’ I have come across in a long time. Constantly having a go at the team, slagging individual players off, repeated use of **** word despite many kids in the same area. Don’t know why they bothered turning up. Should be ashamed.

Jan 30, 2008
I was lucky in that my view was unrestricted. Unlucky in that behind us were the worst so called ‘Albion fans’ I have come across in a long time. Constantly having a go at the team, slagging individual players off, repeated use of **** word despite many kids in the same area. Don’t know why they bothered turning up. Should be ashamed.
did you speak to them about it :lolol:
regards
DR

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
For what it's worth, whilst the view at Goodison is crap, the seats cramped and uncomfortable, and the concourses horrendously badly designed, I didn't dislike it.

It had a certain atmospheric quality about it (I'm not saying their fans made much of a racket, but there was still something about the old place). The toilets (as far as the Ladies' were concerned anyway) might have been small but they were bright, refurbished to a perfectly adequate modern standard, and immaculately clean, which immediately puts Goodison several thousand light years above the festering subterranean pits that our friends at Castle Greyskull call toilets.

Whoever said it was worse than Selhurst: are you insane?

I’ll let you know that the ladies toilets in the Arthur have been voted the best toilets in the PL by away fans.
I hope they meet your requirements and are treated with respect this time,unlike previous visits.

el punal

Goes with the territory. Solution? Move to another part of the away section, or, as I tell my grandson - what you hear at football, stays at football.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I’ll let you know that the ladies toilets in the Arthur have been voted the best toilets in the PL by away fans.
I hope they meet your requirements and are treated with respect this time,unlike previous visits.

I can assure you that I've always treated the Selhurst Park toilets with all the respect that they've deserved.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
A lovely old fashioned ground, full of history and memories.
Sometimes a shiny new stadium isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, ask any West Ham fan where they would rather be.

The fanzone was really good.The Everton fans were fine. Goodison park is an absolute khazi. The whole stand reeks of piss, the concourse dangerously over crowded and the stand cramped, uncomfortable and potentially a death trap.

However I can understand why a palace fan finds it lovely, as relative to the arthur wait it is a gloriously attractive structure.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Like the stewards and turnstiles at the Amex you mean ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
However I can understand why a palace fan finds it lovely, as relative to the arthur wait it is a gloriously attractive structure.

Steady now: I've just been led to believe that particular section of Selhurst has had a thin but unexpectedly effective layer of turd polish applied, and that we may now look forward to some Croydon style, five star luxury treatment for our visit next month.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I was I the front block right in the corner next to the Everton fans. The only drag for me was having to look through the netting to see the goal at our end. Got up there nice and early so took the opportunity to stroll across Stanley Park and check out Anfield as well - it was amazing to see how close the 2 grounds are to each with Anfield at the top of the hill looking down on Goodison. I know which ground I much prefer - the impressive looking Anfield up the hill. I didn’t like Goodison at all.

(Unfortunately I can’t upload the photos I took inside the ground from my seat as they were pano)

49F9AB87-AAB8-40F3-B2DC-57A5F0CF5247.jpeg

7B41AF90-8DD9-40CA-A394-8C66CE081084.jpeg

AF8A7BDD-B4C9-4F78-A9F3-400B563C69EB.jpeg

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Thought it was an absolute hole of a ground. How Everton could warrant charging £30 and not being able to see the majority of the game is beyone me, got tickets on the day they came out no mention what so ever of the view being restricted. If the seats that I was in where sold in a theatre and not advertising as restricted view the sellers\theatre would have been called up a long time ago. Guess Everton manage to get away with it week in week out and people just pass it off because its an old ground.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Nowhere near as many half & half scarf-wearing tourists as Anfield though, I couldn't help but observe.
Yes, I couldn’t argue with that. Won’t find too many on the Kop though to be fair, part of the phenomena of modern football.
I also have a LFC/BHA scarf..... would never wear it to a game but it symbolise’s a lot to me.

el punal

Nowhere near as many half & half scarf-wearing tourists as Anfield though, I couldn't help but observe.

Probably not, it was a tat seller's dream come true. If you think about it - both teams' colours royal blue and white (check!), have an amalgamation of both teams' names Everton and Brighton (check!) - what do you get? EVER (ton) (brigh) TON (double check!!!). Sell the normal Everton scarf as an alleged half n' half job to some tourist patsy (ker-ching!!). Result.

I will now get my coat, my taxi awaits. :drink:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Reading this thread, it’s makes me wonder how many of you actually managed to attend Brighton games pre Amex.
Lots of short memories.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Reading this thread, it’s makes me wonder how many of you actually managed to attend Brighton games pre Amex.
Lots of short memories.

It’s amazing what padded seats does to the memory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here