Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Steven Gerrard - new manager of Rangers?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As I said on twitter, it's an opportunity for him to try management and IF it works out he can then get a League 1 or Championship job in proper football.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Bit soon to take on a club with those type of supporter aspirations. Would be surprised if he left Anfield where he could take his youth teams through u23 to the first team and carry on Liverpool traditions of promoting from within, which worked so well until Evans.��

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
As I said on twitter, it's an opportunity for him to try management and IF it works out he can then get a League 1 or Championship job in proper football.

Absolutely, if it works out I'm sure a few Vanarama National League sides might take the risk and offer Gerrard a punt at his first proper job in football management.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
His back room staff will be interesting and I wonder if he will bring in an ex Liverpool old name coach or back room staff as his assistant. Somebody like Souness.or McDermott

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It will go wrong.

I recently checked the squad cost and annual payroll costs of the Old Firm. Celtic’s is now several times that of Rangers. Celtic are buying an easy domestic treble each season.

Until Rangers have a generous owner, the job is a hiding to nothing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he takes the position, I would expect to see an influx of Liverpool U23 players on loan

In which case they could win the MTL by a record points total.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Cant see why he’d fancy it other than, as some say, to blood a lot of LFC talent.

Liverpool are trying to rebuild tha dynasty and SG is shadowing Klopp all the time with a view to that.

Going to the two horse race in the porridge league could be a mistake

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here