Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Can anyone sign Murray in January?

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Exactly this. She has a kid with her ex-husband who lives in brighton and has shared custody, so they can't move anywhere too far away unless they take the ex-husband with them! Thus Glenn didn't fancy the commute to Bournemouth.

Spot on [MENTION=7086]Greavsey[/MENTION].

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Lad looks utterly happy in his skin this season. Plays with a smile on his face which he never did before. He's got the perfect work/life balance right here right now. He lives one street down from me, here in Preston Park. Gets to drop his little un off at nursery in the mornings. Have zero doubt he'd love to see out his playing career here, just like BZ did. Just needs the board to pay the going rate for quality like they (and the muppet manager of the time) didn't, last time he was here. Match made in heaven. Down to the board to not let it f*ck up.

But has he CLAPPED the AWAY fans at EVERY match ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Can't somebody just Ask The Club outright at the weekly press conference? Now if only we had a locally born and bred 'journalist' worthy of the name on here, they could earn themselves a simple tap-in of a scoop. But we don't.

I spoke to Glenn in an off the record basis about this on Saturday. It was a private conversation that won't be published.

Let's not worry eh ;)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I spoke to Glenn in an off the record basis about this on Saturday. It was a private conversation that won't be published.

Let's not worry eh ;)

I only know you from this message board - but it seems that EVERY time you post it is in order to prove that you are a complete be11end. We're you locked under the stairs as a kid or ignored at school?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ifr you are not prepared to say either he wont be going anywhere or he could be going why bother to post that you spoke to him about it? Is it a case of look at me he talks to me.
It is ALWAYS a case of "Look at Me" with Awww Timmy.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The concern on here for the well being of Glenn's relationship is so touching and quite a funny read. Like anyone gives a shit for anything except the hope that he doesn't move on.

Technically he can't move if he is on a season long loan. That said - Anyone wanting to sign him would only need to agree to meet any penalty that a selling club were hit by and that would get round the regulations but I cant see many doing that because it is untested and no one knows how severe those penalties might be. That's because these are all new rules

If he signed for a new club breaking any of these rules then playing for the new club could potentially be points deduction implications. Its not been tested and I don't think anyone really knows for sure.

And this is a genuine question to people. I don't know the answer. Which club holds a players ''Registration'' during a ''year long loan'' ? The answer to that would probably determine who holds ultimate control.

And on top of all that Murray himself could choose not to go to any potential buyer

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Really hammers home that footballers are people as well.

Shit me mate, next you'll be telling us that vegans and vegetarians and those of us who believe that those who eat meat should be obliged to murder the live animal for that meat are people as well! #Who'dda thunk it?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The concern on here for the well being of Glenn's relationship is so touching and quite a funny read. Like anyone gives a shit for anything except the hope that he doesn't move on.

Technically he can't move if he is on a season long loan. That said - Anyone wanting to sign him would only need to agree to meet any penalty that a selling club were hit by and that would get round the regulations but I cant see many doing that because it is untested and no one knows how severe those penalties might be. That's because these are all new rules

If he signed for a new club breaking any of these rules then playing for the new club could potentially be points deduction implications. Its not been tested and I don't think anyone really knows for sure.

And this is a genuine question to people. I don't know the answer. Which club holds a players ''Registration'' during a ''year long loan'' ? The answer to that would probably determine who holds ultimate control.

And on top of all that Murray himself could choose not to go to any potential buyer

And IF Bloom is DETERMINED to SELL him ? What about THAT then ? We've been through all this before and if Dick Tight was still chairman Hughton would have been SOLD TWO years ago

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
And IF Bloom is DETERMINED to SELL him ? What about THAT then ? We've been through all this before and if Dick Tight was still chairman Hughton would have been SOLD TWO years ago

He isn't Brighton's player to sell. If the ''loanee club'' in this instance Brighton do hold his Registration then they would only hold it for the period of the loan and then it would revert back to the ''Parent Club'' at the end of the loan period. My first thoughts would be that the Parent Club still hold the Registration even during the loan period.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Murray will not be recalled.

It's as simple as that.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He isn't Brighton's player to sell. If the ''loanee club'' in this instance Brighton do hold his Registration then they would only hold it for the period of the loan and then it would revert back to the ''Parent Club'' at the end of the loan period. My first thoughts would be that the Parent Club still hold the Registration even during the loan period.

Ernest knows that.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Dick Tight SOLD the Withdean to ASDA and I'm TELLING you Brighton Council were most UPSET when they found out which proves anything can HAPPEN. And IF Poyet comes calling from SHANGHAI offering MILLIONS for him then Bloom MUST be tempted to CASH in

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Dick Tight SOLD the Withdean to ASDA and I'm TELLING you Brighton Council were most UPSET when they found out which proves anything can HAPPEN. And IF Poyet comes calling from SHANGHAI offering MILLIONS for him then Bloom MUST be tempted to CASH in

LOL -- Got it. I was a bit slow on the uptake there

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can't somebody just Ask The Club outright at the weekly press conference? Now if only we had a locally born and bred 'journalist' worthy of the name on here, they could earn themselves a simple tap-in of a scoop. But we don't.
If such a 'journalist' was able to find out, I'd expect a thread on here along the lines of:
'Murrey contract news'
'I no somthink you dont'

EDIT - **** me, I post this after reading THPP's post on the first page. I've now read post #43. I'm mystic meg.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here