Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Many if you understand a flask to be a metal container that be adapted into something quite different.

That's why they are being banned, nothing to do with the dangers of a thermos.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

So then why the answer from the club that a plastic alternative would also not be tolerated.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So then why the answer from the club that a plastic alternative would also not be tolerated.
Because its easier to enforce a blanket ban rather than having to check what the flask is made of at the turnstile.

Just to be clear to our older posters I am not advocating a ban on blankets as well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Because its easier to enforce a blanket ban rather than having to check what the flask is made of at the turnstile.

Just to be clear to our older posters I am not advocating a ban on blankets as well.

You may be right but I can't see it taking any longer than it does now to be honest. A cursory glance should ascertain whether something is plastic or metal. The stewards have to look in bags in any case.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
BG on the button as always.

How many people take a flask to the game, probably no more than 50.

Multiply that by one cuppa at £2.20, of which profit is say £1.50.

Multiply that by 19 home matches = £1,425 a season, which for a business turning over £135,000,000 a year is significant.

Deduct the food and drink no longer purchased by others who can no longer be served due time running out at the full capacity kiosks...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
going to have to leave my seat at 40 minutes now instead of 44 to try and get ahead of the bimbling old crusties wanting a hot drink FFS.

Cheers Paul,
I leave at 39 minutes anyway ! Guess it'll be 37 now... :drink:

Jimmy Grimble

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are hip flasks a no no too? Thinking about it they are probably even more frowned on than a biddy flask.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here