Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a good example then. Having a picnic at rear of Pavillion or Nursery ground is a tradition for so many so they have used there common sense and done whats best for spectator and not H and S officer

Wasn't an H&S officer - it's an ICC and ECB ruling. Lord's was exempted

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
BG on the button as always.

How many people take a flask to the game, probably no more than 50.

Multiply that by one cuppa at £2.20, of which profit is say £1.50.

Multiply that by 19 home matches = £1,425 a season, which for a business turning over £135,000,000 a year is significant.

Local non-league clubs would be shrewd to announce that Flask users are welcome in promotional literature for their home games .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
For security reasons these things are never going to be communicated in a fully transparent way but can easily be worked out.

It's never been a surprise to me that pies but not cornish pasties are available within the stadium.

Although a pie is dangerous you can only take one person out at a time since they destruct on impact. Speak to any clown and they will recommend you a pie for health and safety reasons.

However a Cornish Pasty with its clear serrated edge can do all sorts of damage before falling apart/being eaten by the assailant.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk
Heaven help everyone if they start allowing apple pies.

http://googletune.com/watch?v=Hlau9xLqjjw

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I would think that the number is well in excess of 50 and if you take into account the number of people who take sandwiches, cakes sausage roll and sweets etc in to the ground especially the elderly and those with children I would think the possible revenue increase if all bought in the ground would be considerably more than you say when trying to take the p..s I do not believe that it is entirely revenue based but neither is it security.

For crying out loud. For the twentieth time, the club is NOT banning sandwiches. Or cakes. Or sausage rolls. Or sweets. At least not unless you bring any of those things in a FLASK, or intend to sit and eat them in a hospitality lounge.

Stop making things up. Its as boring as hell.

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Interesting that the man introducing this ban gets to stand in a nice warm lounge on cold days and drink as many hot drinks as he likes free. He has forgotten what it is like on the dark side.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting that the man introducing this ban gets to stand in a nice warm lounge on cold days and drink as many hot drinks as he likes free. He has forgotten what it is like on the dark side.

Tony Bloom? You'd hope not given that it was not that long ago he was stood on the Goldstone terraces

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For crying out loud. For the twentieth time, the club is NOT banning sandwiches. Or cakes. Or sausage rolls. Or sweets. At least not unless you bring any of those things in a FLASK, or intend to sit and eat them in a hospitality lounge.

Stop making things up. Its as boring as hell.

I can understand someone putting a sausage roll in a FLASK, but not a cake.

Unless of course it was an ARCTIC ROLL than I'd imagine a FLASK would be perfect.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The decision to sell our ground to developers with no alternative in place did irk a bit, to be honest.

Ah, no. You misunderstand. I said nothing had annoyed me more. The stuff that went on with Archer, Bellotti etc angered me. There is a difference. I am mighty glad we have a club. The flask thing is an annoyance but obviously cannot compare. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean that much but in isolation, it doesn't enhance the 'experience' the marketing folk are so eager to talk about.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
So how many people have been injured or killed by a flask?
Many if you understand a flask to be a metal container that be adapted into something quite different.

That's why they are being banned, nothing to do with the dangers of a thermos.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here