Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Train to Watford

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does anyone know if you can get a travel card to Watford? I cant find it at all on the website.

No you can't - the stations are outside of the allowed zones. Watford Junction is in zone 8, travel cards only go as far as zone 6.

el punal

Yes you can. Presumably you are travelling from the south into London. Once you’re at any London station you can purchase an Oyster card or a daily travel card (TfL) which permits you to travel to Watford. Check out TfL (Transport for London) website for all info/fares/timetable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Yes you can. Presumably you are travelling from the south into London. Once you’re at any London station you can purchase an Oyster card or a daily travel card (TfL) which permits you to travel to Watford. Check out TfL (Transport for London) website for all info/fares/timetable.

Indeed. By "travel card" I thought the OP meant the One Day Travelcard that gets you from your station down here to London and then allows unlimited travel on tube, bus and overground. Those only go from zone 1-6. But, yeah, you can do the above.

el punal

No you can't - the stations are outside of the allowed zones. Watford Junction is in zone 8, travel cards only go as far as zone 6.

I’ve just checked the TfL site re.travel card areas and fares. You can purchase an off-peak daily travel card for £18.00 which permits travel in zones 1-9 + Watford Junction.

el punal

A bit more info for you. If you purchase an Oyster Card and use it to travel from Victoria to Watford Junction the fare (single) will cost you £5.50. Specifically, the chosen route would be Victoria - Euston (tube Victoria line), Euston - Watford Junction (West Midlands Trains). If the timing is spot on you could do the whole trip in 30 minutes.

God, I’m a sad b*stard! :D

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So, can you buy a travelcard for zones 1-6 and then a return from Harrow and Wealdstone to Watford (even if none of the trains you use stop at Harrow and Wealdstone)?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
So, can you buy a travelcard for zones 1-6 and then a return from Harrow and Wealdstone to Watford (even if none of the trains you use stop at Harrow and Wealdstone)?
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] would be your man there I suspect.

The only reason I know about 1-6 is that I sometimes have to work in an office in Uxbridge which is in 6 and so I can use my travelcard season ticket. Whenever I've gone to Watford I've just got a CDR which includes the tube from Vic to Euston.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Last year we got off at Watford High Street tube station with only zone1-6 travel cards, and I don't think they give a crap on match day at the station. We showed our tickets to the guard on the gates too.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

This is what I did when we played there under Garcia, worked fine no one checked, could of got away with it. It’s cheaper to just use an oyster from London St Pancras / Victoria and an anytime single to Victoria from Brighton if you are only gonna go to the game and back.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Plus Oyster / Contactless has a cap so if you end up spending more than a travel card it stops charging you

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Does anyone know if you can get a travel card to Watford? I cant find it at all on the website.
No you can’t
Depends where you are travelling from but
you can get to Watford & back from Brighton
for £12 each way at 10.33am & 17.52pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here