Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Let's once and for all post the rules - you never know, they might permeate eventually.

From The Bleacher Report

All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for that Premier League season.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Clubs are able to supplement their squads with unlimited additional players under the age of 21 on 1st January in the year in which the season commences.

Changes to the squad list of 25 may be made during the period of a transfer window. So Clubs must declare their 25 at the end of August when the window shuts and then again at the end of January.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's once and for all post the rules - you never know, they might permeate eventually.

From The Bleacher Report

All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for that Premier League season.
So you can't have 17 foreign players, and 5 home grown players, giving you a squad of just 22 then?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So you can't have 17 foreign players, and 5 home grown players, giving you a squad of just 22 then?

Yes you can. You can't have more than 17 foreign players, and you can't have more than 25 players in total in the squad. You're allowed to have fewer than 17 foreign players (you could have 25 HGPs and no foreigners in the squad if you wanted), and you can name less than 25 players in your total squad (I believe Chelsea did just that recently).

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes you can. You can't have more than 17 foreign players, and you can't have more than 25 players in total in the squad. You're allowed to have fewer than 17 foreign players (you could have 25 HGPs and no foreigners in the squad if you wanted), and you can name less than 25 players in your total squad (I believe Chelsea did just that recently).

Thank you. Very helpful, I wondered about this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Think we have had an amazing window so far but I remain concerned about our striker options.
Murray - u know what you are getting
Hemed - not up to it
Locadia - jury out
Andone - unknown quantity
Baldock - will be sold or won't get a look in
Tau - on loan

Think we need another tbh although not expecting one.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Think we have had an amazing window so far but I remain concerned about our striker options.
Hemed - not up to it
Locadia - jury out
Tau - on loan

Lets hope Andone is good otherwise another season with a lack of goals.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hemed - not up to it
Locadia - jury out
Tau - on loan

Criticising a new striker (Andone) who hasn't kicked a ball for us yet for being an "unknown quantity" seems a tad unfair to me...

Muzza deserves a lot of credit for his first Prem season with us too... yes, we know what we will probably get, and that is goals...

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Criticising a new striker (Andone) who hasn't kicked a ball for us yet for being an "unknown quantity" seems a tad unfair to me...

Muzza deserves a lot of credit for his first Prem season with us too... yes, we know what we will probably get, and that is goals...

Not sure it’s a criticism, he is still an unknown quantity for me as well....

Murray did tremendously last year, but each year becomes tougher for him. Hopefully he can replicate it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
Hemed - not up to it
Locadia - jury out
Tau - on loan

Andone is only an 'unknown quantity' because he hasn't played for us yet. So we should get someone else in. But then they will be an unknown quantity. So we should get someone else in... etc.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Hemed - not up to it
Locadia - jury out
Tau - on loan

I agree with your assessment, but we do only play with one up top, so Murray, Andone, Hemed and Locadia should be enough cover.

However, if we do manage to shift some players and generate some extra funds, and Hemed is one of those we shift, I would think the club would still be open to signing a replacement. Someone to fill the role Ulloa had last season as the back up hold up player.

Tony Bloom has always said that if the right player becomes available he would be open to funding the transfer, so we may yet see some deadline day activity.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hemed - not up to it
Locadia - jury out
Tau - on loan

I am very spooked by Andone and Locadia being injured, and hope we are not starting the season with just the swift Murray, and the speedy Hemed as striker options ( Baldock is basically already at Reading, I suspect ).

I think we need 1 more in.

SussexSeahawk

Jun 2, 2016
I am very spooked by Andone and Locadia being injured, and hope we are not starting the season with just the swift Murray, and the speedy Hemed as striker options ( Baldock is basically already at Reading, I suspect ).

I think we need 1 more in.

We got through most of last season with just Murray and Hemed. Buying a 5th striker just because 2 of our options have short term injuries seems a bit silly imo. There is nothing to suggest either will be out for an extended period of time.

Even if we were to bring someone in (which I think is highly unlikely), Chris probably wouldn't give them any playing time for at least another 2/3 weeks after signing. By that time Locadia and Andone would probably be back and the problem you brought a striker in for is gone anyway and we are sat with 5 players competing for just 1 spot which is a recipe for disgruntled players.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We got through most of last season with just Murray and Hemed. Buying a 5th striker just because 2 of our options have short term injuries seems a bit silly imo. There is nothing to suggest either will be out for an extended period of time.

Even if we were to bring someone in (which I think is highly unlikely), Chris probably wouldn't give them any playing time for at least another 2/3 weeks after signing. By that time Locadia and Andone would probably be back and the problem you brought a striker in for is gone anyway and we are sat with 5 players competing for just 1 spot which is a recipe for disgruntled players.

Wise words

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Short term injury for us is usually out until the New Year

The club seem just as vague about recovery times as they are about transfer fees. There is nothing to be gained by your opposition knowing about the matchday squad until they absolutely have to. Tough on fans who care and want to know but not a priority.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
What's happening with Tammy Abrahams these days? He would be a good back up as a loan? (without the stupid fee this time)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here