Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Amber Rudd has resigned

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Quick. Attack Corbyn, we ****ed up again!
Think that is the usual strategy. Isnt it?

These are the people who are leading us into the unknown. Unbelievable shambles. Again.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
She is still better than anything Labour have to offer
You sound like you have the annoying job of having to remove a life size poster off your bedroom wall?

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Had to go either lied or not doing the job properly left position untenable, tricky position to fill plenty of looney Tories to choose from

D

Deleted member 22389

When is he resigning? The nasty man.

Labours only way of getting support these days is to count on people who have never lived under Labour before, that's generally people who come to this country to work, and young people who believe labour will hand them a pot of gold. This is why labour are so keen to reduce the age in which you are allowed to vote, because they can no longer rely on their old voters anymore, after they pissed so many of us off.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Labours only way of getting support these days is to count on people who have never lived under Labour before, that's generally people who come to this country to work, and young people who believe labour will hand them a pot of gold. This is why labour are so keen to reduce the age in which you are allowed to vote, because they can no longer rely on their old voters anymore, after they pissed so many of us off.

It’s a good job there’s no easily available medium which young people, and people who have never lived in the U.K., can access on a variety of devices and read about the very recent past.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Just think it is ridiculous that a mistake causes so much disruption to a government department. Not prejudice to either side of the political debate, as it was same when labour were in power. This "you must resign" when mistake occurs does not hold for any continuity. How can a department function when its boss moves every 12 months (rightly or wrongly)?

Hmm - There's mistakes and there's Amber Rudd..... It wasn't just (a set of) mistakes, it was incompetence and deception. That she was so arrogant that she thought she could ride this out says a lot about what the tories think of themselves.

That her predecessor as Home Sec received THAT letter from Rudd should lead to some very interesting questions.

I blame Corbyn.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m still struggling to see wha Theresa hopes to gain on this. Just giving in To Diane Abbott.

Tsk.

Rudd - majority in her constituency of Hastings and Rye - 346
Abbott - Majority in her constituency of Hackney North and Stoke Newington - over 11,000

So someone likes her.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rees mogg

He is the man

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The bigger picture. They see the best way to de-rail Brexit is to de-rail the Government.

You'll have to explain that one to me: I don't see how making the government more pro-Brexit derails it. Nor why the Home Office should be solidly pro-remain but civil servants in other departments aren't.

Don't get me wrong: I know that civil servants can (and do) make life uncomfortable for ministers and that could have happened here. But I think it's more likely because civil servants felt themselves under attack just for putting in place government policies.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It’s a good job there’s no easily available medium which young people, and people who have never lived in the U.K., can access on a variety of devices and read about the very recent past.

Can you imagine that HT ? A place where views and debate take place like never before.
Some sort of ........... oh I don’t know it’s just pie in the sky....... but just imagine youngsters being able to gain more inside knowledge of politics whilst the oldies carry on reading the Express, Mail, Sun etc .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here