Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] BBC TMS loses out to Talksport for Sri Lanka and West Indies tours...

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Didn't they do it a few years back, every other sentence was enhanced by "Regus, for all of your office requirements"?

Johnners must be turning in his grave.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Brilliant.

No doubt Alan ****ing Fat Git Brazil will be off on a jolly with Ally Fecking McCoist and turning the entire thing into a drink fuelled fiasco.

If the Cheltenham festival coverage on talkshit is anything to go by then get prepared for a bunch of porridge wogs and random Frenchmen to be the highlights of the tour.

Dear Christ.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Brilliant.

No doubt Alan ****ing Fat Git Brazil will be off on a jolly with Ally Fecking McCoist and turning the entire thing into a drink fuelled fiasco.

If the Cheltenham festival coverage on talkshit is anything to go by then get prepared for a bunch of porridge wogs and random Frenchmen to be the highlights of the tour.

Dear Christ.

I hope not ,wouldn't be enough beer for those two with our mob out there.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In true Talksport tradition expect Steve Smith and David Warner to be involved as co commentators or pundits.
With expert opinions from Alan Brazil on another free holiday reporting from the pitch side bar.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How has this been allowed to happen and why? Ridiculous.

Talksport offered more money. It's how it always happens.

I don't follow cricket - but below is just my opinion, I'd imagine it's the same as football. As these games are overseas the rights are owned by the host countries.

Our cricket authorities would acknowledge how the relationship with the BBC is all part of the "mix" (the brand if you like) and lean towards the BBC even if a higher bid comes in. Same as Wimbledon.

But they aren't theirs to sell.

West Indies and Sri Lanka don't have such considerations. They got 2 or more bids and went for the highest one, Talksport possibly speculatively paying over the odds to test the waters with international cricket coverage, possibly in conjunction with an official advertiser.

I'd imagine the whole thing will be sponsored top to bottom with constant references to Sky where you can watch it live.

At least everyone can access it and you don't have to pay a subscription.

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
“So that’s three from the over, as we look out across the beautifying Caribbean Sea. This week, Jewsons are offering 5 litres of white emulsion for the price of three, get down to your local store........”. **** off.

...Oh and ‘here’s Lisa from Paddypower with the latest betting on when the England collapse will start........’

You're talking of a whitewash.........

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I hope not ,wouldn't be enough beer for those two with our mob out there.

Brazil was with the barmy army during the Ashes tour...with David Ginola.

Nothing says cricket like an alcoholic jock and a frog.

Templeton Peck

Faceman
Jul 15, 2009
Brighton
I tried their boxing commentary for the Groves v Eubank fight and always thought John Rawling was a good commentator, had no idea who was winning / who was hitting who. I'll tune in to see what their coverage is like, but am not convinced unless they just 'borrow the 'TMS' team.

Also in regards to TMS will Ed Smith have to resign now he's a selector?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
At least they have promised a minimum of 4 overs between ad breaks.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Och Aye the noo!
Some laddie is wavin his club at a wee man's ball.

What times the bar open Ally? Away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here