Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bell Cheeses at work

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Take him to one side and let him know, whilst you think it's quite funny, the bosses aren't impressed so he needs to keep a wrap on it or he'll lose his job and you wouldn't want to lose him at work as he's a nice lad.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
For the last two weeks, as we run up to Christmas, it seems that EVERY delivery in, of stationary, packaging, sales literature, cleaning products, whatever is accompanied by an edible GIFT. On the 'communal' desk in the centre of the office currently sits an almost empty BUCKET of Cadbury Heroes, two tins of chocolate biscuits and a couple of boxes of sweets / chocolates. Crisps is (quite literally) like a PIG in clover. I swear she is ordering extra stuff, just for the chocolates.

I think I'm beginning to enjoy reading about Crisps a bit too much, should I be concerned?????
???

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
We've had something akin to armageddon this morning.

Similar to the lunchbox auction above, a note went up in all of the communal kitchens before Christmas (3 weeks before, in fact) warning everyone that any unclaimed food or tupperware boxes would be thrown away over the holidays. Additionally, weekly emails were sent to everyone reminding them that this was going to be happening.

I walked in to the office this morning slightly late, and was greeted by one of the ladies in tears being comforted by a gaggle of other office busybodies. The source of this angst? A tubberware box belonging to this lady had been thrown away during the purge and it turned out to be last item that had been purchased for her by her mum before she passed away.

Understandably grief or weapons-grade bellcheesery?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I can understand people getting sentimental about many things. Tupperware is NOT one of them. Bellcheesery confirmed.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Similar to the lunchbox auction above, a note went up in all of the communal kitchens before Christmas (3 weeks before, in fact) warning everyone that any unclaimed food or tupperware boxes would be thrown away over the holidays. Additionally, weekly emails were sent to everyone reminding them that this was going to be happening.

I walked in to the office this morning slightly late, and was greeted by one of the ladies in tears being comforted by a gaggle of other office busybodies. The source of this angst? A tubberware box belonging to this lady had been thrown away during the purge and it turned out to be last item that had been purchased for her by her mum before she passed away.

Its a strong start to 2017. Surprised its taken this long into the first working day back for this thread to reappear.

My initial thought is that you have to question anyone who attaches sentimental value to tupperware, no matter the circumstances. If you've left it lying around at work for days/weeks, potentially full of food, then I can't see that she really valued it that much anyway. Seems like someone throwing a hissy fit because they didn't get their way, despite having more than ample warning.

Not really sure who receives tupperware gifts from their parents anyway.

Guilty for me.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

A couple of points:

You'd think that if this tupperware box was so important to her she'd have paid attention to the NUMEROUS warnings about it being thrown out.

Who on Earth buys their daughter a tupperware box? I can only think she was on her deathbed and suggested she used it to store her ashes to keep them fresh.

Good use of the word GAGGLE by the way :thumbsup:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Rather strange first day back here. All four here, which is unusual (me, boss, Crisps and Noise machine). It is clear that NO-ONE wants to be here. Complete silence all day. No BANTZ. No fake / cheery "Nice Christmas?". No overly dramatic sighing over being back. Everyone just quietly simmering inside.

Its GREAT.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Rather strange first day back here. All four here, which is unusual (me, boss, Crisps and Noise machine). It is clear that NO-ONE wants to be here. Complete silence all day. No BANTZ. No fake / cheery "Nice Christmas?". No overly dramatic sighing over being back. Everyone just quietly simmering inside.

Its GREAT.

The LULL before the STORM, surely?!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I'm almost getting nostalgic for the bellcheeses in my office. Since all this rail strike action I am WFH more than I am in the office and I almost miss them. Almost. I do still have one account manager who now, instead of coming round to my desk 10 times a day is ringing my mobile 10 times a day. Sadly all desk phones go through the main exchange so I can't filter his calls as it just shows up as the main office number.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
'sake. Spelling bellcheesery from me.

No, not at all. You should be proud.

'Tubberware' (noun) : opaque, sealable plastic containers used by (usually female) office chubsters on fad diets for storing pre-prepared food brought into the workplace as part of a strict calorie-controlled regime (typically in early January) . Often found in communal refrigerators with the contents rotting following the owners trip to Greggs despite numerous lengthy discussions about the nutritional content and how many 'steps' it would equate to on their fitbit.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Tupperware lady is undoubtedly after attention. No one gets that attached to plastic containers.

Whatever happened to 80s style tupperware parties?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here