Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This does not change any of the matters relating to sovereignty. Fact.

We agree to combined legislation and to enact that legislation because it is in the interests of the Union as a whole.

and in the process cede sovereignty in areas to another external power. it seems to me that people just dont really get the nuance of sovereignty, what it is and what is lost when you reliquish it.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I don't understand your point?

France is ALREADY dealing with a humanitarian crisis on its Northern coast. There are thousands of migrants living in makeshift camps, where violence and sexual assault is rife, and food is short. Where children have been forced into prostitution to pay for a place. That's already enough of a crisis to offend my personal humanitarian sensibilities.

Opening the border and piling these migrants onto a ferry isn't going CAUSE a crisis, is it? Its just going to rid the French of dealing with it, and pass it on to us.

ripping up treaties is going to cause the crisis to become much much much worse on their own soil,in their own backyard.
if the treaty is ripped up all it does is make the ferries and trains employ extra staff,like eurostar did in Paris before the treaty was signed,to check the validity of tickets and that people have a passport,rather like airline staff do at a departure gate.
ferry staff already double check vehicles at calais and dunkirk after they have been through passport control.
The french police will still have a duty to patrol the perimeters and help the businesses operate.
You think a ferry is going to leave calais with 500 migrants on board who have rushed it?

Nope,ripping up any treaty will simply be the French shwitting in their own back yard and encouraging many more to come with the false belief they can get across the water......it aint going to happen

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
He's on Twitter with it. Feel free to argue with him. Id like to see it.

i dont use twitter and he sounds like a ****,so no thanks

:lol: yeah ok,you keep believing the finance minister Emmanuel Macron when he says the borders will be opened up.
would you think its better to believe The French Home Secretary Bernard Cazeneuve when he said .......Finance Minister M. Macron, isn't responsible for immigration (so shouldn't talk about Calais)

or

Bernard Cazeneuve, the French interior minister, could not have been much clearer, saying last October: “Calling for the border with the English to be opened is not a responsible solution. It would send a signal to people smugglers and would lead migrants to flow to Calais in far greater numbers – a humanitarian disaster would ensue. It is a foolhardy path; the government will not pursue it.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/03/calais-border-treaty-brexit-what-is-france-saying

project fear at its utmost ridiculous :lol:.....try and keep up.....

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
R.I.P.
Jo Cox

100866741_West-Yorkshire-MP-Jo-Cox-NEWS-xlarge_trans++46imVkotElEoTZ38VcIbJhtIvJ3tMRANgcu9swS1BTQ.jpg

CHOOSE LOVE OVER HATE

D

Deleted member 22389

Desperate, piss poor, and beneath contempt. The remainers have sunk to new depths.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Even on the very original thread about this, people where asked to show some respect, some just couldn't resist posting comments aimed specifically at anyone who wanted to vote Leave. I'm ****ing disgusted at the level NSC descended too on this thread, and still people can't leave it alone. Some remainers have plunged to new depths, embarrasing for all those Remainers and Leavers that wanted to show some respect.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Brexit really can't help themselves with their cyncal tactics by doing an airplane pro-Brexit banner flypast whilst the vigil for Jo Cox was taking place at Trafalgar Square last night. My mother was there and she witnessed it as Brendan Cox was making his very moving speech on stage. There were a lot of angry people. It was an utter disgrace and a mark of how low these Brexiters have stooped. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...rial-with-message-to-vote-leave-a3278491.html

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Brexit really can't help themselves with their cyncal tactics by doing an airplane pro-Brexit banner flypast whilst the vigil for Jo Cox was taking place at Trafalgar Square last night. My mother was there and she witnessed it as Brendan Cox was making his very moving speech on stage. There were a lot of angry people. It was an utter disgrace and a mark of how low these Brexiters have stooped. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...rial-with-message-to-vote-leave-a3278491.html

You are unbelievable. After what you posted. You are the one who should be ashamed.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Some of both sides have not come out with much credit, I refer you to [MENTION=277]looney[/MENTION]s post on the other European thread

Eh? Which one?

Translation is I dont know what your on about, which is kind of obvious if you are trolling/tagging people making random smears rather than specifics in the relevant thread.

Go and do one dickhead.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
and in the process cede sovereignty in areas to another external power. it seems to me that people just dont really get the nuance of sovereignty, what it is and what is lost when you reliquish it.

Nothing has been lost. Sovereignty still resides at Westminster. If MPs one day decide that they do want to vote to leave then they can and we would. But the vast majority of our elected MPs do not see any value in this. That's sovereignty for you.

Sent from my iPhone in a non-Calde world :-(

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
Nothing has been lost. Sovereignty still resides at Westminster. If MPs one day decide that they do want to vote to leave then they can and we would. But the vast majority of our elected MPs do not see any value in this. That's sovereignty for you.

Then why are they asking us to vote on the issue?

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
R.I.P.
Jo Cox

100866741_West-Yorkshire-MP-Jo-Cox-NEWS-xlarge_trans++46imVkotElEoTZ38VcIbJhtIvJ3tMRANgcu9swS1BTQ.jpg

CHOOSE LOVE OVER HATE

I'm a Remain voter and I agree this is a very stupid post. Jo Cox would have wanted everyone to vote based upon the facts and their beliefs. She believed in freedom and I'm sure that from what I've read she would have been the first to ask for this post to be removed.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Then why are they asking us to vote on the issue?

Quite.

To lance the Tory boil of Europe. Whilst one party bickers, the rest of us are asked to wade in to sort the situation out.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[MENTION=29908]gregbrighton[/MENTION] has had posting rights on this thread removed.

If he starts something similar elsewhere on NSC he can expect a ban.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here