Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

14 years ago today: Palace 5 Albion 0 (att: dunno)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
You didn't try hard enough then! Was back drinking in middle of Croydon by final whistle.

The stewards wouldn't open the gates. Short of assaulting him and charging the doors, there wasn't a lot we could do.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I just remember being in a pub in north London when the classified results came through. The match was still going around 5pm. Was it a delayed kick-off? Or a ridiculous amount of stoppage time? Either way, I heard it was a bit naughty with pubs smashed up. That'll teach the pikeys.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I just remember being in a pub in north London when the classified results came through. The match was still going around 5pm. Was it a delayed kick-off? Or a ridiculous amount of stoppage time? Either way, I heard it was a bit naughty with pubs smashed up. That'll teach the pikeys.

You heard wrong.

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Although such a great day we all know they had the last laugh and are still laughing..... so the who are you chant at the end is somewhat cringe worthy....

Why ? Why ? post this you know the trolls will be descending on this thread any minute gloating and actually putting us in our place a Championship team.

Who gives a **** , they had the last laugh who cares this was our day ,and in the 80s we always won so they got there own back in years to come so will we :rolleyes:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
21,000 in attendance? and correct me if i am wrong but as we had not played up there for 11 years there was an very heavy police presence...........for some reason,god knows why i heard 1,100 police on duty?

more like 300 maybe?

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Left on 62 Mins to be met by a Force of OB and got to Clapham some 3 Hours later ,having been marched around some delightful South London Sights.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The only good thing about a horrible day is that it could have been 7 or 8 because we disintegrated.

It was a massive mismatch though, us still with a lower league and skint athletic club stadium infrastructure. We did well to score nil and keep it to 5 which makes the subsequent Paul McShane result one straight out of left field.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember that, my friends told them they'd left my medication in the car and they let us out

Good one.
I should've started convulsing and frothing at the mouth (although I actually did I think, when the 4th went in)

seagullsslimjim

Sep 26, 2003
anyone one got the picture of the fans packed out on the platform on the way to the game. Waited there whilst an extra train was laid on and what caused the delayed kick off to 3.15pm !

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Cant remember much about the game except for my the goal music for a disallowed one and 'chopper' Brooker being sent off. I do remember intimately South Norwood High Street as we were 'kettled' there for over an hour. Oh, I forgot to mention the announcer saying that the bars were opening for home fans onlynafter the game.

Jan 30, 2008
anyone one got the picture of the fans packed out on the platform on the way to the game. Waited there whilst an extra train was laid on and what caused the delayed kick off to 3.15pm !
Clapham junction, around 400 got locked in the pub on the high st then let out for the special train that was laid on , loose lips and all that, two OB outside the pub at 11am by 1pm it was surrounded by half the met :angry:
regards
DR

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Clapham junction, around 400 got locked in the pub on the high st then let out for the special train that was laid on , loose lips and all that, two OB outside the pub at 11am by 1pm it was surrounded by half the met :angry:
regards
DR

That must've been your idea of a wet dream

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I tried to leave at 3-0. They wouldn't let us out.

We left at the end and as far as I remember everyone was allowed out of the ground but kept back in the side street. We had our kids with us so just asked the police if we could leave which they allowed. We had parked a couple of streets away so it couldn't have been easier. The police presence that day was huge and included many inside the away end wearing full riot gear with helmets and shields. Before the game we were looking for somewhere to eat and were told we couldn't walk towards the main high street. I've been going to games for decades but that day seemed ridiculously over the top.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Urgh. Remember the police trying to force me onto a train to Brighton (was living in Nottingham) and running around them. Then having to get a replacement bus from Leicester. Got home about 1am. :(

I remember that post old chap. Thankfully I missed that day and saw the 1-0 win and the Kelvin Morton day. But I felt for my fellow fans on that fateful day.

Jan 30, 2008
We left at the end and as far as I remember everyone was allowed out of the ground but kept back in the side street. We had our kids with us so just asked the police if we could leave which they allowed. We had parked a couple of streets away so it couldn't have been easier. The police presence that day was huge and included many inside the away end wearing full riot gear with helmets and shields. Before the game we were looking for somewhere to eat and were told we couldn't walk towards the main high street. I've been going to games for decades but that day seemed ridiculously over the top.
there's a picture of Balkham outside after the game on the junction of the Homesdale/ AW if anyone's interested :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here