Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we come back down next season

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
No. If you were a realist you would be stating facts, but you have just plucked 60% out of thin air.

Sad as I am, I have done some research on how many clubs get relegated the season after they get promoted to the prem.
This was after the 2013/14 season: Since the start of the Premier League there have been 62 promotions from the Championship and of those 62 promotions, only 27 were relegated in their first season - 44 percent.
In 14/15 2 went down, 15/16 it was 1 and this season it will probably be 1 (Borough) and possibly 2 (Hull). If Hull do go down, it makes the total of teams that have gone down the season after promotion to the prem would be 45%

Top your glass up mate, you have a (slightly) better than evens chance that we'll be in the PL for at least 2 seasons.
And what do they say about second season syndrome. There have been a few. Ipswich, Reading, Hull(?) Norwich off the top of my head.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If Bournemouth and Watford can stay up then so can we.

And Burnley (this season I assume), CP, Stoke, WBA.

When all of these clubs started their current PL stints, they had no financial or any other advantage over anything the Albion now has.

We have a great stadium and training facilities/academy, no external debt, large fanbase and sold out ST's (at expensive southern prices), 3,000 corporates, with great management at all levels.

TB, PB and CH will be planning so that on the playing side, we more than survive in the PL.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No. If you were a realist you would be stating facts, but you have just plucked 60% out of thin air.

S

Top your glass up mate,

100% correct....plucked 60% out of thin air...Top your glass up mate...Topped it up too many times allready tonight

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Yeah, agreed. But the OP is about next season. And I can't be arsed to research second season relegations! :p
For most teams it is like winning the lottery. They pay of debts, invest in infrastructure etc but for us, that is all in place. We have a better chance than most to succeed but we still need a bit of luck imo. Nice that TB gave CH a new contract last summer.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Don't care, as long as we don't qualify for Europe

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
we will stick around in the prem for a few years

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Christ some of these threads are going to look monumentally woeful if we don't go up.
Not sure I understand. To all intents and purposes we are up. Mathematically we may not be but that is all. It would take a fail of Devon Lock proportions for us to not make it. Enjoy!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will we come back down next season

No. If we go up we will definitely be in the PL for the whole of next season, no matter what happens. No guarantees for the 2018/19 season though...............

Last edited:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
How on earth do we know ?

We'll bring in players to replace the returning loanees and some of the out of contracts...

Unless we know who the 7-9 new players will be, we have no idea how we'll do next year.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Don't know. But it will be fun finding out! We have a fine manager. One of the best IMO which gives us a decent chance as I'm sure he will recruit wisely and build a team to do us justice without bankrupting the club. Enjoy the ride. These are happy times.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
How on earth do we know ?

We'll bring in players to replace the returning loanees and some of the out of contracts...

Unless we know who the 7-9 new players will be, we have no idea how we'll do next year.
On that point I would like to keep Tomori on a season long loan. He isn't getting into the Chelsea team any time soon so could be a goer.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Blimey O'Reilly, let us just enjoy the ride wherever it may take us. Got to hope and be optimistic about remaining there, when we get there, which will be in a couple of games time!!!!

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Will be interesting to see if CH has the tactical nouse to adapt to the premier league.He is a big fan of 4-4-2 I don't think we can play that formation in the premier league.Maybe at home but certainly not away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here