Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Missing Trident Missile !!

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Because she knew people like you will no doubt lose sleep over this situation, you will be tossing and turning tonight won't you, perhaps with a little saliva too?

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
I have no concern as to the effectiveness of the launch system, my main concern is why they hid the results of this particular test failure, then I remembered, it's TOP ****ING SECRET, when a Vangard deploys only the PM and CO know where they're off too, anyone who feels somehow seen off that they weren't kept up to speed with the test results of live missile firing then join the Navy and make sure you rise to the top in the silent service pdq.

Actually back in my day we used to do Tactical Offsets everyday on every missile as wind direction would change everyday over the targets and we had a handbook which showed which part of the world our targets were
I could go into details about how it was worked out but I expect it's still a bit hush hush to this day

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Actually back in my day we used to do Tactical Offsets everyday on every missile as wind direction would change everyday over the targets and we had a handbook which showed which part of the world our targets were
I could go into details about how it was worked out but I expect it's still a bit hush hush to this day

The poor souls who have wet their beds over this haven't the slightest clue what go's on under the waves, all these YouTube videos available for all they know are in simulators and we don't actually have an active weapon system.

The point I'm making is it's not for your eyes so don't get your knickers in a twist when government don't announce a missile test failure of our strategic national defence system..

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the trouble for politicans with such questions is there's no good answer. if they say they didnt know, then they are not informed, dont have control, etc. if they say they did know they are accused of "lieing" because the didnt share something, the absolute whole truth, which often they arent supposed to mention because either not directly applicable or confidential/secret. so they sit there an give a non-answer because no matter how bad that looks its less bad than either the alternatives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here