Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings - QPR (H)

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7 did a lot more in second half
Rosenior 7
Dunk 9 did not show the nerves that everyone else did. Absolutely dominant stopped QPR (as he did Fulham) allowing us to push forward
Goldson 8 - he is good but not as good as Dunk yet - very nervous at start, got better

Stephens 8
Kayal 8
Skalak 7
Knockaert 9

Hemed 7
Wilson 6 - we are not using him to his strength , need to get the ball to him quickly and let him run at the oppositions defence

Baldock 7
Murphy 6
Sidwell 6

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
When was the last time we scored a total of 9 goals in two successive home matches? Another great performance after another slowish start, but not as slow as vs Fulham.

Stockdale 8. A couple of good saves, but some poor upfield kicks in the first half.
Bruno 6. Very poor first half and could easily have cost us a goal, but greatly improved in the second half.
Goldson 8. A couple of dodgy moments in the first half, but otherwise another great performance and a super goal.
Dunk 9. One of his best games.
Rosenior 8. Faultless apart from maybe one misplaced pass. Bags of confidence and the skill to go with it.
Kayal 9. Excellent again. A mad dash over to the left wing to close down a QPR player in the last few minutes personified his attitude. We were 4-0 up, but still he was giving 100%.
Stephens 8. A quieter game than Kayal, but all positive stuff.
Skalak 7. Improving as he gets more games. Wonderful goal.
Knockaert 9. MOM. Outstanding. His first goal from the free kick was inch perfect. His energy is amazing. His skills sublime. What a signing.
Hemed 7. Decent game.
Wilson 7. Looked almost back to his best with some exciting runs.

Subs:
Baldock 8. I was going to give him a 7, but will bow to the greater knowledge of the majority on here who were clearly paying more attention to him.
Sidwell 7. Did what was asked of him. Getting better with every game.
Murphy 7. Great that we have such a strong bench.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
First 11
Stockdale 7.5 A few excellent saves, but poor kicking!
Bruno 5 His worst game this season
Rosenoir 7 Did okay
Dunk 8.5 Really coming into his own the last few months. A few lose long balls here and there.
Goldson 8 See above, but didn't have as good a game as Dunk yesterday, but marked up with a goal.
Kayal 7.5 Solid, yet again.
Stephens 7 Passing wasn't as accurate as normal, but excellent at winning the ball back last night.
Skalak 7 I thought he started off really poor, and never truly got going. +2 for his wonder goal.
Knockaert 9 MOTM Excellent last night. Got the first (against the run of play) and ran the show the second half.
Hemed 7 Solid.
Wilson 6.5 He's improving game by game. Thought he was our best looking player untill we scored.

Subs
Baldock 7 excellent running to create space for others. We look better with him on the pitch, despite him not scoring himself.
Murphy 6 did nothing wrong in his cameo
Sidwell 6 as above

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 8
Bruno 5 - got a season's errors out of the way in one game - clever
Rosenior 8 - class
Dunk 8
Goldson 7 - exposed a few times but recovered well
Stephens 8
Kayal 8
Skalak 8 - you could see him think "shall I?.. yeah, **** it" - Bang!... Fabulous stuff
Knockaert 9.5 - MoM - our Cantona
Hemed 6.5
Wilson 7

Baldock 7
Murphy 7
Sidwell 6.5

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Stockdale 7

Bruno 6
Dunk 7
Goldson 7
Rosenior 7

Knockaert 9
Stephens 8
Kayal 8
Skalak 9

Hemed 7
Wilson 7

Baldock 7
Murphy 7
Sidwell 7

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale 7
Bruno 6
Goldson 7
Dunk 8
Rosenior 7
Knockaert 9 MOM
Stephens 6
Kayal 8
Skalak 7
Hemed 6
Wilson 6

Baldock 7
Sidwell 6
Murphy 6

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Stockdale 8 Another comfortable night for him but did what he had to well.
Bruno 7 No magic from the great man, but another solid performance.
Goldson 8 Premier League class.
Dunk 8 Also Premier League class.
Rosenior 7 Quality player, one of the signings of the season.
Knockaert 9 The man is magic, absolute magic.
Stephens 7 Good solid performance.
Kayal 8 Drives us on and effortlessly makes us better.
Skalak 8 I think we lose his main strength playing on the left, his crosses are incredible. What a player!
Wilson 7 Drove at QPR's defence a few times, carried the ball well and won some flick ons in the air.
Hemed 7 Not overly involved but won flick ons, held the ball well at times and kept the shape up front.

Subs
Baldock N/A I'm not rating him.
Murphy 6 Did as much as Baldock did but won't get such generous ratings.
Sidwell 6 Turned my opinion around entirely, not ready for retirement just yet.

Why no rating for Baldock? ???

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Am I the only one who gets irritated by .5 ratings? If 10 point scale is not enough then use 20. If that is too much then go whole hog and give a percentage. :)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Stockdale 8
Bruno 6
Rosenior 7
Dunk 9
Goldson 8
Kayal 8
Stephens 9
Knockaert 9 MotM
Skalak 8
Wilson 7
Hemed 7

Baldock 7
Sidwell 7
Murphy 7

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
For [MENTION=20161]grawhite[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24827]Justice[/MENTION], I respect your right to an opinion, but I'm also entitled to mine.

The facts are simple. Baldock didn't create a chance, he had one shot off target, he didn't win anything in the air, he only completed 33% of his passes and he completed just one tackle.

I know many people on here dislike statistics, but my low rating is coming from someone that likes Baldock and has supported him on there boards on many occasions because I appreciate what he usually brings to the side in terms of movement, pace, and the defensive aspects of his game. But he didn't bring much to the party last night. I watched him very intently in the second half and by his own standards, his movement and closing down was very poor, he didn't hold the ball up well enough and he didn't link well enough with the midfield. There were tactical reasons for that as well, but such discussion is wasted on these boards so I won't waste my own time delving deeper into it. You're entitled to your opinions, but I think my ratings for all of our forwards are fair and, quite honestly, the statistics back up my view point more than yours.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Don't really get this Baldock hate fest ..... when he came on it changed the game because he was closing down there defence at speed something which is beyond Wilson and in turn gave our players more time on the ball

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Player Ratings

Highest Rated
Knockaert 9.40 (95mins, 20 votes)

The Rest
Dunk 8.58 (95mins, 20 votes)
Kayal 8.05 (95mins, 19 votes)
Goldson 7.85 (95mins, 20 votes)
Stephens 7.85 (95mins, 20 votes)