Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Good that you're running again. Hilly half marathon, hmm, will you be making an appearance at the Bevendean Parkrun NSC Challenge day after West Ham away?

You too! I may be away but if not I’ll be there. My brother will also run. You can’t miss him looks like EDF 6’ 4” skinhead but can’t run for toffee

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Well done [MENTION=11716]Penny[/MENTION]. I bottled out of this (Achilles wouldn't like the hills and the knee might have also joined in the moaning) but would have been very happy with sub 2.00 on what looked like a beast of a course. But sticking to the flat of Worthing prom I put in a reasonable shift of 18 miles in bang-on 9 minute mile time.

Wise move, Achilles and hills not a good mix. Good to see you marathon prep going to plan

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I went out for my 90 minute steady run this evening, 10.6 miles in 8:27 per mile average pace.

For some reason today I've not felt right at all, the plan was to drag myself out of bed for 6am to meet up with [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] but instead I stayed in bed until about 11 and then the day got away from me. I didn't feel overly strong out on the run at any point, maybe that was because Snakey Hill was a large part of the warm up but it's also probably due in part to the darkness. We'll see what tomorrow's 6 laps of The Level bring. It's about 800 metres around the perimeter so I should be thumping around in no more than 3 minutes per lap.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Got the parkrun pacing bang on this week and got the infamous Lucy a sub-22 time. Knocky well back but [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] took the NSC Hove Park honours, I think. Followed it up yesterday with a pre-Beachy Head 14.3-mile jaunt up hills and over the SDW.

Talking of races who's at Bright10 on Sunday?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Got the parkrun pacing bang on this week and got the infamous Lucy a sub-22 time. Knocky well back but [MENTION=3736]Mr Banana[/MENTION] took the NSC Hove Park honours, I think. Followed it up yesterday with a pre-Beachy Head 14.3-mile jaunt up hills and over the SDW.

Talking of races who's at Bright10 on Sunday?

Did I? Nice one. Sorry I didnae spot you, would've said ello

Were you pacing 22? I was unofficially, far less competently pacing 21:30

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'll be doing the Bright10 if one of the numerous people I know pull up with any sort of injury, otherwise I won't be involved.

My laps of The Level at lunch were something close to catastrophic. I was only able to run an average of 4:10ish per KM, but it wasn't even the full KM! The laps of the level starting at the grooves for the cycle lane at each end closes to St Peters Church is 730 metres. I'm disappointed with the lack of pace but I was feeling very heavy legged from the morning cycle commute onwards really. Movement is a struggle today after saturday's double hard run session and into that wind! Last night's 10 miles probably did me no favours, starring both Snakey Hill and that part of Old Shoreham Road from the viaduct up to Bhasvic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here