Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seagulls tv

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Quite frankly what they say is allowed and what their bug riddled software actually allows are probably 2 very different things.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The answer to this is found on the efl website (https://www.efl.com/iFollow/faqs/) - as follows:

If I live in the UK or Republic of Ireland and subscribe to iFollow, will I be able to watch games on iFollow when travelling abroad?

No, in order to live stream games on iFollow you would need to purchase a separate pass whilst based abroad, that requires a local bank account and local address. Upon your return to the UK or Republic of Ireland you would not then be able to watch games but you would be able to listen to live audio match commentary on either of your passes.

But Seagulls TV doesn't offer an overseas pass does it, due to us not being in the Football League and not being able to live stream away league games.

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
Interesting I asked exactly the same question a few weeks ago and was told you wouldnt need a foreign bank account. .

It's interesting that lower league subscribers have managed to purchase this weekends games just via a VPN and not needed a foreign bank account.

Regardless if we go down I will be setting up a foreign account to pay from so I can have access to the streams for the championship next season.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

It really does seem to me that the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing! They are still claiming to have no record of my direct debit payment despite the fact that I have provided them with the reference number and why would they have refunded me if they had not received the payment?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
But Seagulls TV doesn't offer an overseas pass does it, due to us not being in the Football League and not being able to live stream away league games.
In which case are the only people allowed to view the game supporters of a club who are:

1) Have bought a subscription to a championship site.
2) Have a villa in Spain
3) Fancy watching some other teams pre-season friendly.

That's a niche market isn't it ?

Or is this really directed at Athletico Madrid fans who are buying the game through our website ?

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Just had confirmation from the club that the Athletico Madrid game is unavailable in the UK. They are looking into it.

It isn't that clear in the wording on the site only saying it is available abroad not spefically unavailable in the UK.

This is very odd. FL games are now available abroad but we are not in the championship.

I can only conclude it's either a mistake or it's being used to promote the Championship service abroad.

That's a very poor show. It's a friendly and we aren't in that league anymore.

I signed up early to watch some of these. The three I wanted to see all unavailable.

I think the club should do the right thing now and stream this for free.

Good advert for a service that has started very very shakily.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just had confirmation from the club that the Athletico Madrid game is unavailable in the UK. They are looking into it.

It isn't that clear in the wording on the site only saying it is available abroad not spefically unavailable in the UK.

This is very odd. FL games are now available abroad but we are not in the championship.

I can only conclude it's either a mistake or it's being used to promote the Championship service abroad.

That's a very poor show. It's a friendly and we aren't in that league anymore.

I signed up early to watch some of these. The three I wanted to see all unavailable.

I think the club should do the right thing now and stream this for free.

Good advert for a service that has started very very shakily.

Unbelievable. What a complete ****ing shambles. I'll be looking for a full refund.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Unbelievable. What a complete ****ing shambles. I'll be looking for a full refund.
Doesn't sound like the clubs fault.

Sounds more like a cock up.

Just looked up the Norwich game on their site. The game was only available abroad for them due to EFL agreement. The oddness of course is that they (if it had worked) watched it through the Brighton site.

Ha ha.

I'm convinced our next game has been accidentally rolled into a rights agreement neither club are party to.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Doesn't sound like the clubs fault.

Sounds more like a cock up.

Just looked up the Norwich game on their site. The game was only available abroad for them due to EFL agreement. The oddness of course is that they (if it had worked) watched it through the Brighton site.

Ha ha.

I'm convinced our next game has been accidentally rolled into a rights agreement neither club are party to.

How is it not the club's fault that they promised something, and took money for it, and later found out they were unable to deliver it? That is 100% their fault, surely?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I do hope you get a full refund if only to stop your fekkin endless moaning.
Unfair.

For us who live outside the area and pay for commentary it's frankly been years of pain.

Last season my sub ran out before the last game. Since they stopped taking payments BEFORE the ens of the season I and a few others were shut out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Is anyone going to the Fans Forum, 10th August, who can ask about this? These are the sort of questions that should be asked.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Unfair.

For us who live outside the area and pay for commentary it's frankly been years of pain.

Last season my sub ran out before the last game. Since they stopped taking payments BEFORE the ens of the season I and a few others were shut out.

I live in the area, am a STH and pay for the service, mainly for videos of interviews, highlights etc. Its 90p a week and is bound to have a few cock ups. Agree it can be frustrating when things go wrong but hardly worth all the ranting and raving on here. Maybe I'm a bit too laid back about it all, but it's hardly worth winding yourself up over a few meaninglessness friendlies

Up the Albion

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
How is it not the club's fault that they promised something, and took money for it, and later found out they were unable to deliver it? That is 100% their fault, surely?
I couldnt get Norwich to work appears some did ?

The Gerona game fault of the other club directly.

Next one -oddness itself.

I agree that the club need to be a bit more forthcoming with explanations and at least extend contracts like they have before or offer refunds.

But we have been here before.

Personally I'm amazed we signed up with collective League deal again. My bad experiences started last season.

It's also impossible to get an educates reply from the service providers.

Hopefully our contract with them isn't as long as the one the companies have with the league.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I live in the area, am a STH and pay for the service, mainly for videos of interviews, highlights etc. Its 90p a week and is bound to have a few cock ups. Agree it can be frustrating when things go wrong but hardly worth all the ranting and raving on here. Maybe I'm a bit too laid back about it all, but it's hardly worth winding yourself up over a few meaninglessness friendlies

Up the Albion
It is when you have paid for them.

Anyway - back to game. Would appear only available to non Brighton championship fans (if at all) who live abroad :)

Our site doesn't offer the match pass feature.

This must be a cock up.

Last edited:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
It is when you have paid for them.

You are paying for commentary and videos etc which you get ok a vast majority of the time. I would say 90p a week is piss cheap these days and would think cost is not your main gripe here, just frustration that you couldn't watch a couple of meaningless friendlies.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Up the Albion

If the (frankly piss poor) service doesn't bother you, great. Just don't bother posting on a thread where most are airing their grievances.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
You are paying for commentary and videos etc which you get ok a vast majority of the time. I would say 90p a week is piss cheap these days and would think cost is not your main gripe here, just frustration that you couldn't watch a couple of meaningless friendlies.
Not sure how you contributing to the debate ?

In any case I don't value the service by it's weekly cost. More about access to specific content particularly commentary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here