Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Total anarchy in Hastings for Amber Rudd

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I's nothing to do with being blinkered, I'm aware what a terrible problem we have with homelessness and how it causes no end of other problems however for you to equate mortgage problems with hunger shows you are either being argumentative, deliberately obtuse or are simply unaware of the "pyramid of need".

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs explains that what we need to survive and function is a hierarchical list whereby you cannot move on to a higher level without satisfying most/all of the requirements of the lower level.
For example you can survive 3 minutes without oxygen, then you die.
Once you have oxygen you can survive 3 days without water, then you die
Once you have water you can survive 3 weeks without food, then you die (3 months in my case being a lardy).

Owning property (which is what paying a mortgage is working towards) comes much higher up the pyramid.

maslows-hierarchy-of-needs.gif

Pyramids? What is this, Glastonbury?Jesus, sorry Jezza, you appear to be bringing some cultish religion to the political table now. Has it not occurred to you that just one night in the middle of winter in freezing temperatures kills people?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Pyramids? What is this, Glastonbury?Jesus, sorry Jezza, you appear to be bringing some cultish religion to the political table now. Has it not occurred to you that just one night in the middle of winter in freezing temperatures kills people?

I'm not going to engage with you any more, you are a fool.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
How long are you pausing for [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] ?
It's just that I need to replenish my Pringles quite urgently and it will take some time to do so.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So tax credit cuts to children, cutbacks to PIP and ESA to physically disabled people and mental health sufferers, exacerbating homelessness for the mentally ill too, and women now having to declare they've been raped and not living with the rapist to claim child benefit, is just a glib generalisation and a price worth paying to root out those who are 'suffering' due to selfishness and their own stupidity? Okay.

Yet again you insist on bringing everything down to a ridiculously simplistic level. There are so many factors at play - the numbers in genuine need, the numbers playing the system, and fully explaining benefit changes rather than a slogan in one sentence. You take each case on its own merits or otherwise -what is wrong with that?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yet again you insist on bringing everything down to a ridiculously simplistic level. There are so many factors at play - the numbers in genuine need, the numbers playing the system, and fully explaining benefit changes rather than a slogan in one sentence. You take each case on its own merits or otherwise -what is wrong with that?

Take each case on it's own merits and make sweeping cutbacks for everyone then, including the most vulnerable and those in genuine need. - You're right, it is quite simple - It's Conservative party policy and it's what they're doing to people.

As you're saying there's nothing with that then - because that's whats happening now - I understand you perfectly and as you can't see how wrong that is, we really don't need to be conversing further on it.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Take your pick, though not from post Labour years, which was my point.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?ie=...er+labour&gfe_rd=cr&ei=9QoTWfjoIM7v8Aejq7awCw.

FFS are you seriously referring to the daily mail, express and telegraph results?

Is that really where you are getting the facts from? have you ever heard of SEO or the algorithms used to push things to you online that end up just reinforcing what you already think rather than giving you a contrary opinion?

Or did you read the Joseph Rowntree Foundation link who've done some actual research?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
And there you have it in a nutshell. A loud woman who claims that she is being robbed, despite the fact that we know nothing of her circumstances, and how she came to be in this position, and it cuts out before an answer is given, as there is no interest in that - just the mud slinging. So she is doing all the vandalism, as you said we know who is behind it.

that's all t/m does

its a wonder to me that some tory jockey has not photo shopped J/C with A SPRAY CAN IN HIS HAND :lolol::lolol:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Take each case on it's own merits and make sweeping cutbacks for everyone then, including the most vulnerable and those in genuine need. - You're right, it is quite simple - It's Conservative party policy and it's what they're doing to people.
As you're saying there's nothing with that then - because that's whats happening now - I understand you perfectly and as you can't see how wrong that is, we really don't need to be conversing further on it.

This is just so sadly typical of you. I suggest that we take each case on its merits and then YOU add the nonsense about "sweeping cutbacks" when I have never made any such claim. Since you clearly didn't understand first time, or chose not to, there are people in need who are deservous of society's help, and there are those who are just playing the system. The more you post, the more convinced I am that you really don't have that genuine interest in the welfare of people -but just use anything to get at the Tories. Those poor people living next to that vandalism - you couldn't care less about them - what is important to you is the message that suits your agenda.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is just so sadly typical of you. I suggest that we take each case on its merits and then YOU add the nonsense about "sweeping cutbacks" when I have never made any such claim. Since you clearly didn't understand first time, or chose not to, there are people in need who are deservous of society's help, and there are those who are just playing the system. The more you post, the more convinced I am that you really don't have that genuine interest in the welfare of people -but just use anything to get at the Tories. Those poor people living next to that vandalism - you couldn't care less about them - what is important to you is the message that suits your agenda.

It's typical of you - you're making just assumptions and saying I couldn't care less.

What part of cutting back on ESA & PIP by The Conservatives, which is directly affecting vulnerable people, genuinely in need of help, who are not 'playing the system' is not sweeping then? How is it nonsense?

Have you ever had the misfortune of going into a Job Centre Plus to see a teenage girl with severe learning difficulties, accompanied by her Father as she can't go out by herself, attending an interview in an open plan office in full public view, as she's been deemed to have capability to work, following an assessment that took her case on it's 'merits', to see her in an agitated state, G4S Officers hovering around in case some untoward happens, a low grade member of the civil service doing her best to process it through as quickly as possible, whilst telling her Father how ridiculous it is the system is coming up with results like this and her Father stating they've got to attend an appeal in person in Portsmouth, causing more distress to his daughter? I have after I was made redundant a couple of years ago. There didn't appear to be anyone playing the system in the mercifully brief couple of weeks I was visiting the Job Centre a couple of years ago. I do hope you never have to go through the same.

How exactly do you take a claim for child benefit, where the mother has been raped and is forced to declare this and the fact she's not living with the rapist, on it's merits or with any merit at all? How is that done with any compassion at all? Do you just explain to her that you can't be too careful these days as she might be playing the system?

And you excuse me of not having a genuine interest in the welfare of people. Go and read your Daily Mail and please leave me alone now.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
It's typical of you - you're making just assumptions and saying I couldn't care less.

What part of cutting back on ESA & PIP by The Conservatives, which is directly affecting vulnerable people, genuinely in need of help, who are not 'playing the system' is not sweeping then? How is it nonsense?

Have you ever had the misfortune of going into a Job Centre Plus to see a teenage girl with severe learning difficulties, accompanied by her Father as she can't go out by herself, attending an interview in an open plan office in full public view, as she's been deemed to have capability to work, following an assessment that took her case on it's 'merits', to see her in an agitated state, G4S Officers hovering around in case some untoward happens, a low grade member of the civil service doing her best to process it through as quickly as possible, whilst telling her Father how ridiculous it is the system is coming up with results like this and her Father stating they've got to attend an appeal in person in Portsmouth, causing more distress to his daughter? I have after I was made redundant a couple of years ago. There didn't appear to be anyone playing the system in the mercifully brief couple of weeks I was visiting the Job Centre a couple of years ago. I do hope you never have to go through the same.

How exactly do you take a claim for child benefit, where the mother has been raped and is forced to declare this and the fact she's not living with the rapist, on it's merits or with any merit at all? How is that done with any compassion at all? Do you just explain to her that you can't be too careful these days as she might be playing the system?

And you excuse me of not having a genuine interest in the welfare of people. Go and read your Daily Mail and please leave me alone now.

All very dramatic and no doubt a deserving case, to boot. Quite how you can then come to the conclusion that no one was playing the system on your very limited experience is beyond me, but, again, it suits the agenda, so must be right. My cousin works in a Job Centre, and is what you, with your genuine concern for people, describe as low level, and the stories she tells from first-hand experience over many years, and not a fleeting observation, is very different to your blinkered view.
That is now the second time you ask to be left alone - yet always come back with a response. What is the matter with you? This is a forum for views -if you don't like it, then leave.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
All very dramatic and no doubt a deserving case, to boot. Quite how you can then come to the conclusion that no one was playing the system on your very limited experience is beyond me, but, again, it suits the agenda, so must be right. My cousin works in a Job Centre, and is what you, with your genuine concern for people, describe as low level, and the stories she tells from first-hand experience over many years, and not a fleeting observation, is very different to your blinkered view.
That is now the second time you ask to be left alone - yet always come back with a response. What is the matter with you? This is a forum for views -if you don't like it, then leave.

I wouldn't have said it was dramatic, I would say it was disgusting, rather like making victims of rape fill out forms for child benefit.

I've never stated that no one was playing the system, but not having your Daily Mail mindset, those that do are not my overriding concern at the expense of the vast majority of benefit recipients who don't play the system and are suffering cuts to their benefits thanks to Government policy.

I didn't refer to anyone as low level either - I said 'low grade' in terms of her position and grade within the civil service, which she would be. My observation was not fleeting either - I've signed on 3 times in my life, thanks and also have a severely disabled friend from an RTA, living near Haywards Heath who's had his PIP cut, like thousands of others have. (3 separate occasions in 3 entirely different years for 3 entirely different lengths of time just to clarify, as you seem to have difficulty understanding things)

You're quite right though, it's pointless asking you to leave me alone, your pomposity would never allow it, so I wont bother anymore.

Last edited:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Right, I'm finally back with my Pringles. Did I miss anything important [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] and [MENTION=28630]Hastings gull[/MENTION] ?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
My cousin works in the job centre, bloke at school has £300 trainers, if there is a bigger understanding of society at large, I haven't seen it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here