Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good luck. Will miss not running as really enjoyed it last year. Will also miss it as a spectator as party today and party in Tooting tomorrow.:drink::drink:

Returned to running today with a 37" Parkrun. 2 and a half mile walking warm up, little jog up the last hill, walk down hill and a little jog finish. Feels OK. Garmin won't load but no time to look at that today.

Welcome back....good to hear !

Pembury

Jan 12, 2015
South Wales Caerphilly
Anyone else doing Three Forts tomorrow ?
Under coach's orders to treat it as just a gentle training effort as tapering now so will be near the back of the pack but looking forward to it.

Yup im in tomorrow..but gonna take it real easy and using it as a long slow one.. Allowing myself a few beers tonight to make sure i keep it easy tomorrow!

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Enjoy the ramble on the Downs boys.
I've discovered why my Garmin doesn't connect. The wife vapes and has a new cable sent for charging every month or so. This led to our cable and chargers box being full. I decided to lob out all the excess cables but unfortunately that included my Garmin one. The remaining vaping USB cable charges the forerunner but doesn't connect/transfer. £3 eBay purchase should sort it out.

After 8 months out I was looking forward to a graph, map and pace. Two anti climaxes in a day......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good luck. Will miss not running as really enjoyed it last year. Will also miss it as a spectator as party today and party in Tooting tomorrow.:drink::drink:

Returned to running today with a 37" Parkrun. 2 and a half mile walking warm up, little jog up the last hill, walk down hill and a little jog finish. Feels OK. Garmin won't load but no time to look at that today.

Great to hear you're on the mend

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dreadful wind and beer affected LSR on the seafront early this morning. Did an 8 mile in total, 4 out and 4 back, meaning miles 2 and 7 are the same ground but in reverse. A very strong Easterly meant that mile 2 was run at 10.04 and mile 7 at 9.14 with a higher heart rate for mile 2. It's absolutely put me on my back, hip, back and calves all complaining like mad and the last mile almost at walking pace. One of those that just had to be got through.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Three Forts done. Not quick but wasn't supposed to be, really pleased to have nailed an even run, 2hr 30 at half way and finished in 5.01 feeling pretty ok......good start to the taper [emoji106]

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Three Forts done. Not quick but wasn't supposed to be, really pleased to have nailed an even run, 2hr 30 at half way and finished in 5.01 feeling pretty ok......good start to the taper [emoji106]

Great run, seems the weather was better than forecast. I was hoping to take part after running the half last year but not to be. Hope to finally go the distance next year. What event are you tapering for?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Great run, seems the weather was better than forecast. I was hoping to take part after running the half last year but not to be. Hope to finally go the distance next year. What event are you tapering for?

Cheers, happy with it ! Weather was OK - very windy on the top but the rain mostly held off. North Downs Way 50 in a couple of weeks, then hopefully start building up after that for the Autumn 100 in October......

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Cheers, happy with it ! Weather was OK - very windy on the top but the rain mostly held off. North Downs Way 50 in a couple of weeks, then hopefully start building up after that for the Autumn 100 in October......

I've not heard of the north downs way 50. I'll take a look and quietly admire anyone willing to run 50 miles over any terrain. Good luck with both

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs

Too far away for a wave! Finished what is my first marathon in 5:46. Bit slower than I hoped but those hills are tough. I also had not allowed for chatting time at the water stations and with family who came to cheer me on.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Well it's not quite the 3 Forts but I did a lovely event today in Barcombe - about 5 miles north of Lewes. Lovely event - in fact 2 events as they run a 6k alongside a 10k. Friendly, well marshalled/signposted and in lovely, gently undulating (and thankfully bone-dry) course it is a real gem. Being a wimp I did the 6k and emerged with 26:23 2nd place - obviously all the proper runners were doing the 10K!

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
London Marathon ballot has opened... and I've entered! When I fail to get a place I've determined to enter another marathon instead - preferably Brighton.

So I'm finally looking to step up in distance [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION], can I actually run further than 14 miles? We shall see.

Yateley 10k series over the summer, and Windsor Half in September to keep me going in the meantime.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
London Marathon ballot has opened... and I've entered! When I fail to get a place I've determined to enter another marathon instead - preferably Brighton.

So I'm finally looking to step up in distance [MENTION=15605]knocky1[/MENTION], can I actually run further than 14 miles? We shall see.

Yateley 10k series over the summer, and Windsor Half in September to keep me going in the meantime.

Yep, also done the pointless VLM annual ballot entry (I did get in once, but that was when entries were limited to 100k, not the 250k they accept now for about 20k ballot places). Already entered Brighton, will happily do both if the chance arises.

...and yes, of course you can, probably a whole lot quicker than most of the rest of us ! Your 5k time equates to comfortably sub-3.30 (no pressure :lolol:)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Excellent news. I've done 5 now. Disappointed with three, nearly happy with a 3:50:00 and really enjoyed last year's Three Forts in 5:15ish. Still can't crack it, so have to keep entering. AsDazzer says over 3:30 and you'll have to enter another. :lolol:

What I really enjoy is the three months training before. Whatever happens on the day you have built up to a great level of endurance. You're 5k times should improve drastically.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here