Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pokemon Go

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
180 caught here, I have a day off work tomorrow so planning to go for a wander around Brighton and see if I can add to that total.

Re: the special items, it seems that the only time you are guaranteed one is when you spin the Pokestop to complete your 7-day streak each week, with a random, seemingly very low, chance to get one at other times.

I got a Dragon Scale when completing my 7-day streak yesterday, but similar to the Up-Grade I don't currently have enough Horsea candy to make use of it, so it's stored in the items bag for use in due course.

Picked up my Steel Coat at a normal pokestop in middle of a stroll.... It may be you got your goodie simply because of the huge number of items you can get on a Streak ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its the only thing that gets my lad off his arse, on his feet, and out on the streets, so I am very much in favour. Mind you, he is 31, so there may be other issues.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
also noticed that now if you catch an evolved gen1 pokemon in the wild you get additional stardust and candy depending on level of evolvement of that monster

so instead of just 3 standard candies you might actually get 3, 5 or even 10 candies if you catch the beast of the evolvement group out in the wild (ie dragonite)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
also noticed that now if you catch an evolved gen1 pokemon in the wild you get additional stardust and candy depending on level of evolvement of that monster

so instead of just 3 standard candies you might actually get 3, 5 or even 10 candies if you catch the beast of the evolvement group out in the wild (ie dragonite)

Sounds fair enough. Always thought that you should get more candy in return if you trade an evolved pokemon, whether you caught it or evolved it yourself.

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
180 caught here, I have a day off work tomorrow so planning to go for a wander around Brighton and see if I can add to that total.

Re: the special items, it seems that the only time you are guaranteed one is when you spin the Pokestop to complete your 7-day streak each week, with a random, seemingly very low, chance to get one at other times.

I got a Dragon Scale when completing my 7-day streak yesterday, but similar to the Up-Grade I don't currently have enough Horsea candy to make use of it, so it's stored in the items bag for use in due course.

Not so, my 7 day streak was today and no special item for me....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Got our first special item yesterday, on a random mid-day, not-7-day-streak Pokestop. It enabled us to evolve a Slowking.

We're up to 190 caught now.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We're up to 190 caught now.

188 here - finally evolved my Kabuto today as well as catching a wild Jumpluff and Sneasel. I found a wild Magcargo yesterday and my hunt on Tuesday got me Dunsparce, Wobbuffet, Pineco, Quagsire and Azumarill as well as a much better Pinsir (1542CP), Jolteon (1525CP) and Rapidash (1267CP) than I already had.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Just been able to use a special item for the first time and got myself a Porygon2.

I've also evolved a Lanturn (from Chinchou) and caught an Octillery and a Sudowoodo in the last couple of days, so making steady progress in filling up my Pokedex (up to 192 caught now).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Just been able to use a special item for the first time and got myself a Porygon2.

I've also evolved a Lanturn (from Chinchou) and caught an Octillery and a Sudowoodo in the last couple of days, so making steady progress in filling up my Pokedex (up to 192 caught now).

Two special items had here, neither from 7 day streak pokestops, meaning we have evolved a Slowking and a Kingdra.

I also got a couple of Pikachus with party hats, one of which we've evolved to a Raichu with a party hat.

192 caught here also.

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Two special items had here, neither from 7 day streak pokestops, meaning we have evolved a Slowking and a Kingdra.

I also got a couple of Pikachus with party hats, one of which we've evolved to a Raichu with a party hat.

192 caught here also.

so he keeps the party hat when evolved to Raichu - excellent

having said that we havent found one single pikachu (party hat) yet :-(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
so he keeps the party hat when evolved to Raichu - excellent

having said that we havent found one single pikachu (party hat) yet :-(

I caught mine on the stretch of the seafront between the playground in Goring by George V Avenue and the Pier whilst out for a run.

Yes - we have three Pikahus - plain, Santa Hat and Party Hat and three Raichus with the same!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
How weird - I've caught 192 as well...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I caught mine on the stretch of the seafront between the playground in Goring by George V Avenue and the Pier whilst out for a run.

Yes - we have three Pikahus - plain, Santa Hat and Party Hat and three Raichus with the same!
Er, stop off at Marine Gardens next time you are down there, it's an Exeggcute nest. Sometimes they spawn 5-6 at a time.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Is the Porygon #2 any good Frutos? I have the " Upgrade " thingy and a half decent Porygon so could upgrade.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Is the Porygon #2 any good Frutos? I have the " Upgrade " thingy and a half decent Porygon so could upgrade.
Mine was 882CP before I upgraded it and is now 1437. Its moves are 'Hidden Power' (15) and Solar Beam (180).

When I tap the appraisal option, the woman tells me that its a 'wonder' and a 'breathtaking Pokemon' so she seems quite keen on it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here