Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Belfast 12th July

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
i0000010.jpg Another fantastic 12th July in Belfast with [MENTION=4309]brighton bluenose[/MENTION] , you can't beat a bit of bonfires and marching !

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
View attachment 76485 Another fantastic 12th July in Belfast with [MENTION=4309]brighton bluenose[/MENTION] , you can't beat a bit of bonfires and marching !

Ah the memories. Had one of my worst 'marching season's ever in 2007. On July 12th I was stationed on the junction of Woodvale Road & Crumlin Road in the Ardoyne and some wanker threw a snooker ball in a sock over the top of an advertising board at me. It took my visor clean off my helmet but thankfully saved my face.

Does it still kick off over there? I used to love the buzz. I remember 2007 being the worst for a long time.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ah the memories. Had one of my worst 'marching season's ever in 2007. On July 12th I was stationed on the junction of Woodvale Road & Crumlin Road in the Ardoyne and some wanker threw a snooker ball in a sock over the top of an advertising board at me. It took my visor clean off my helmet but thankfully saved my face.

Does it still kick off over there? I used to love the buzz. I remember 2007 being the worst for a long time.
I think it still kicks off at the Ardoyne , after watching the parade in the city centre we go off to east Belfast , love the 12th over there !

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I think it still kicks off at the Ardoyne , after watching the parade in the city centre we go off to east Belfast , love the 12th over there !

Is it like Gay Pride weekend in Brighton? The flags don't look very imaginative. Can't you come up with something more creative?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Maybe it's singled out as Brighton is a tolerant place where all this sectarian gibberish doesn't make any sense what-so-ever?
It.celebrates English rule being maintained , it only becomes sectarian gibberish when nationalists like you and [MENTION=9647]Spanish Seagulls[/MENTION] don't agree with it .

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
It.celebrates English rule being maintained , it only becomes sectarian gibberish when nationalists like you and [MENTION=9647]Spanish Seagulls[/MENTION] don't agree with it .

It's sectarian gibberish.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013

Nationalism/sectarianism = divide and rule. Get passionate about something positive like supporting The Albion...

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Nationalism/sectarianism = divide and rule. Get passionate about something positive like supporting The Albion...

P1ss off mate , I'm passionate about a lot of things , don't presume to tell me what I can and can't be passionate about.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
P1ss off mate , I'm passionate about a lot of things , don't presume to tell me what I can and can't be passionate about.

No I said get passionate about something POSITIVE (as opposed to negative tribalism from the 17th century)

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No I said get passionate about something POSITIVE (as opposed to negative tribalism from the 17th century)

Ah okay, so let.me.get this right , Irish republicanism is negative tribalism from the 19th century and the status quo should stand, yes ?

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Ah okay, so let.me.get this right , Irish republicanism is negative tribalism from the 19th century and the status quo should stand, yes ?

I've read that 3 times now and I still don't understand what it means. Anyway it's been smashing talking to you. Cheerio.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here