Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong being abused all game.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nice one Clapham for one of the more fair posts on here about this issue.

I don't agree with every word but the understanding is there.

Like I said last night, us booing him hasn't been worth it at all and we brought it back in to the limelight.

.. and replaced the story of Burnley getting into Europe with other stories about Burnley.

What on earth were those fans thinking ? It wasn't their argument anyway.

When backed up with "we look after our own round here" you've completely lost control of the interpretation.

I respect that to a degree, but it just sounds "tribal" rather than something that represents community.

Your club really needs to make some sort of statement rather than simply repeating what is effectively the law these days as an employee.

What I've found particularly interesting over the last few days is the silence from the JR camp, especially after he/they stated after the conclusion of the inquiry:

Finally, I would like to underline my support for the continuing battle of any forms of discrimination. There is no place for it in any walk of life...

Their intervention (intelligently and respectively worded) could have diffused the whole thing.

Whatever else happened let the Police investigate.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
You will of course be referring to Elland Road because we can literally swing a cat in our seats.

Well, bully for you. I've never been to your new ground, and given the degree of hatred and prejudice so many of your supporters have for anyone from the North in general and the Burnley area in particular, I think I know when I won't be welcome.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Well, bully for you. I've never been to your new ground, and given the degree of hatred and prejudice so many of your supporters have for anyone from the North in general and the Burnley area in particular, I think I know when I won't be welcome.

I suggest you don't take as your only evidence what you read on social media.

There's a start.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

no one gives a shit pal .......you get what you give , you give abuse you're gonna get plenty back

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.

Doncaster fans will tell you otherwise.

Look, let's get things straight. Your fans haven't done anything wrong. It was us Albion fans making the money chants and the booing of Bong, it's time we admit the truth rather than fighting a lost cause. We're just bitter how your fans showed us what a classy club you really are whilst we were shown up for being the bunch of vile animals the nation collectively labels us as. I'm embarrassed and ashamed by our fans actions on Saturday. We showed the world how uneducated and bigoted we are as a fan base. It's even worse that we're now looking for excuses for why we were acting like complete morons on Saturday and I hope none of your younger fans took any influence.

As an apology, I'd be happy to give you some directions on good places to visit down south if you ever fancy a visit,
Have you ever heard of Brixton or Hackney? I'd really recommend you go there and carry on as you were at Turf moor. The locals will really embrace you. They'll definitely take your side on the Bong incident too.

Anyways, why not retire from your solo mission of showing us what a bunch of open minded, friendly, cultured bunch of fans you have at your club. I think it's fair to say you've completed that mission with great success. Now it's time to take over the world. Go, set your wings free and spray your love all over the world (especially Africa)

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
... We showed the world how uneducated and bigoted we are as a fan base. ...

I agree the "bigoted" bit. There's no question that any group of fans who can collectively spew out the tirade against Northern people, as you do, knows very well how to be bigoted. You're lucky to be able to take advantage of the legal loophole that says anything goes in the discrimination line, as long as it's not race related. You can make all the accusations of incest, racism, ignorance, poverty, etc etc etc about Northern clubs. Try making them about Cardiff, substituting "Welsh" for "Northern", and you'd see the difference. And there's not a shade of evidence that you recognise the irony of your attitude.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
I agree the "bigoted" bit. There's no question that any group of fans who can collectively spew out the tirade against Northern people, as you do, knows very well how to be bigoted. You're lucky to be able to take advantage of the legal loophole that says anything goes in the discrimination line, as long as it's not race related. You can make all the accusations of incest, racism, ignorance, poverty, etc etc etc about Northern clubs. Try making them about Cardiff, substituting "Welsh" for "Northern", and you'd see the difference. And there's not a shade of evidence that you recognise the irony of your attitude.

You couldn't be more correct. I'm sorry on behalf of all our fans. We were an absolute disgrace and you have every right to point out how discriminative we are. I think you should write to the FA and to our board telling them all this. You've put everyone in their place on NSC, now why not take this further and show the FA what you've observed about us Albion fans and our racist ways? It's not right that your good willed, innocent fans attend a football match and then endure 90mins of constant discriminative abuse from us narrow minded, scummy Albion fans.

I can understand your pain and frustration about the disgraceful behaviour we displayed on Saturday and it makes sense that you would come on here for hours on end trying to cure us from our evil ways, but you're going to have to accept, we're so low and vile, it's got to the point where we're just a community of narrow minded lost causes who'll be stuck in our bigoted ways till the day we die. I know that's a very depressing thing to accept, but if you ever came down to Brighton and had a look around, you'd understand why we're all such low life's.

Now for the love of God, please have mercy on us.

Last edited:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Genuine question - do other clubs' message boards have as many posts from Albion fans as ours have from supporters of other clubs?

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Nice edit.

So you accept Bong tweeted first to reiterate the accusation and also misrepresent Rodriguez's apology.

Do you not accept that having been publically called racist during the investigation, then again afterwards he may have felt the need to strongly state his position in response? And given the 2 possible verdicts of the tribunal (proven & not proven) he's justified in saying he's exonerated. After all, the tribunal and it's report at no point states they believe he said the words. So his statement of being exonerated is at least as close to the truth of the tribunal's report/verdict as Bong's tweet. And Bong pulled the trigger first...

You are a cock. Exonerated would suggest Bong lied and that Rodriguez is totally innocent. He is not. He held his hand over his mouth, why? Think about that. The 'you stink' comment that he is spewing as some kind of alibi seems to have gone under the radar here. Although not a blatant racist comment as colour is not mentioned, still a slur that suggest black people smell. That was the intent, along the lines of stinking paki etc. Rodriguez is playing a seriously dangerous game and your knuckle dragging **** wit supporters have put football back in the dark ages by booing Bong over a this issue. I hope you get chucked out of Europe. *****. Mindless *****. "Bong pulled the trigger first", what an absolute stain of a human being you are. And the 'no comment' stance by your shithouse of a club speaks volumes. Now **** off to your BNP meeting and stop trying to worm your way out of the cluster**** that you have created. :tosser:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

I understand your frustration but some of us have family up north, so you ain't gonna get that from me.

However, you are dealing with the reaction and not what ignited it. Unfortunately what may have felt like a bit of localism and loyalty was perceived as highly inflammatory and broadcast internationally. Such is the reach of the Premier League.

There are press all round the world reporting it who aren't particularly interested in the ins and outs of the back story. To an extent, Saturday is their page one and they are catching up on the rest.

Childish northern jokes which I condemn (and odd comments about seats) are just for here. I'd concentrate on re-establishing the reputation the majority of your good fan base because nobody cares about the rest.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Genuine question - do other clubs' message boards have as many posts from Albion fans as ours have from supporters of other clubs?

Some do, but mostly not. I'm joined a few over the years, mainly just to read. One in particularly (won't mention), I did post a bit because the club was in trouble and I wanted to get the ins and outs.

I was mostly well received but you get the odd nutter. There was a poster who had an irrational hatred of Brighton and gave me some right old abuse which was odd since there is no historical rivalry between the clubs.

Turned out he lived in Brighton.

Always an easy way in is to start posting before they turn up for an away game and give travel / pub advice :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Nice edit.

So you accept Bong tweeted first to reiterate the accusation and also misrepresent Rodriguez's apology.

Do you not accept that having been publically called racist during the investigation, then again afterwards he may have felt the need to strongly state his position in response? And given the 2 possible verdicts of the tribunal (proven & not proven) he's justified in saying he's exonerated. After all, the tribunal and it's report at no point states they believe he said the words. So his statement of being exonerated is at least as close to the truth of the tribunal's report/verdict as Bong's tweet. And Bong pulled the trigger first...

I think most would find it hard to view JR to be a victim of anything else rather than process.

Although the whole thing became inflamed (and again after settling down by fans of Burnley) if you are going to behave like he did on a football field that day a number of things can potentially happen, rightly or wrongly.

What would have been really really sensible the next day would have been to issue an instant apology. That wouldn't have affected any further case since it was all there to be seen by millions.

I would have advised him to acknowledge that his actions (although not racist) were open to interpretation. Specifically it was particularly unwise to aggressively face off a fellow black player and tell him he smelt.

In most areas of employment (including mine) that would definitely result in a disciplinary. It would probably result in instant dismissal.

Whilst the organisation may not be able prove racism, I'd definitely leave under an air of suspicion that I would be unable to control.

I fully understand what a shock it would have been to him, no-one wants to be accused of that.

But he isn't a victim in this story and he trigger was pulled at West Brom.

Last edited:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

It's hardly 'so many of our supporters' though is it. This is a message board which represents a very small percentage of our fan base as it is, and it's pretty much the same few posters who keep reiterating their supposed hatred for the North/Burnley area in particular. I'm pretty confident that 99% of our fan base has nothing against the north - many will have friends/family or some even live up there for a start

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well that was a quick turnaround it now seems that Burnley fans are now the victims and not the perpetrators.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I spent most of my early years in Liverpool so have many friends in the North West. Jokes, even within a few miles, about other towns are just as rife up there as anywhere else, witness Stoke fans singing "sign on" at Anfield, Mancs singing about scousers eating rats etc.

Those things, whilst potentially hurtful to snowflakes, are still considered to be "acceptable" in football.

Racist language isn't, booing black players isn't.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere

No. We are very popular clearly.

I used to post on BBS but gave up as there's no talking to some people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here