Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are safe?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yesterday's results mean we (Burnley) are now mathematically safe and cannot finish below 14th.

It would be good if Brighton are safe by the time they visit Turf Moor and don't need to scrap for points.:)
Well, as you don't need to scrap for points, we two clubs have always got on pretty well, haven't we? - So..........you could spare three points, couldn't you (we'd promise to give them back next season, when we've strengthened a bit and are comfortable mid-table)? After all, Brighton's a nice day out, isn't it..............better than Stoke or Southampton!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well, as you don't need to scrap for points, we two clubs have always got on pretty well, haven't we? - So..........you could spare three points, couldn't you (we'd promise to give them back next season, when we've strengthened a bit and are comfortable mid-table)? After all, Brighton's a nice day out, isn't it..............better than Stoke or Southampton![/QUOTE

And, we have been almost a feeder team for them, what with Vokes, Wood, Ash, and Stephen Ward all being ex-seagulls. Yes, i know 3 of them were loans, but, we must have taught them well.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Well, as you don't need to scrap for points, we two clubs have always got on pretty well, haven't we? - So..........you could spare three points, couldn't you (we'd promise to give them back next season, when we've strengthened a bit and are comfortable mid-table)? After all, Brighton's a nice day out, isn't it..............better than Stoke or Southampton!

And, we have been almost a feeder team for them, what with Vokes, Wood, Ash, and Stephen Ward all being ex-seagulls. Yes, i know 3 of them were loans, but, we must have taught them well.
Absolutely! They OWE us three points surely.....................and some sort of financial compensation too, wouldn't you say? I mean, fair's fair and all that..........

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
99% safe.

My three: WBA, Stoke and either Saints/Huddersfield. I hope Hudders stay up because they'll go down next year instead.

I think I agree with you, Huddersfield's last 3 games of the season are as hard as ours. If we can match them for their next 2 games and have that 3 point advantage over them, then even if they get s surprise result and we don't we will be above them on goal difference.

I also would love to see Cardiff and Millwall come up. There's no guarantees in football and I think we (Brighton) would be in a relegation scrap next season but it would be a little bit easier that's for sure.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
We are safe and will be ok. No more bed wetting tonight please. [MENTION=33965]FatSuperman[/MENTION] can you feel another thread coming?

This is my second year following your teachings and the triumphant LVGull thread to the bedwetters is now my most anticipated one. I cannot wait! A few more games and I reckon you can get it drafted.

Whenever I feel despondent I just dig up your old threads laughing at those of us with weak faith. Keep it up bud!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The OP has still not edited the ambiguously punctuated thread title?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

We’ve always loved Burnley, our second club, and absolutely despise Blackburn Rovers.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Stoke is a nice day out if you live in Burnley.

:lolol:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It's funny, the people I speak to who don't support us, think we're sa!fe, well, most of them,and the people who do support us, most think we need up to 4 more points.
Personally, I think we need one more point.

Because other people look at our points tally and position in the table, and assume we're safe. We, on he other hand, look at the run-in we have and cack our pants.

We might be safe even if we lose all six games left (which seems unlikely in itself, but not impossible). But we won't be mathematically safe before the last game kicks off

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Havent read whole thread so apologies if this already said! Feels a little bit like the relegation-threatened season in the Championship.. eventually had to rely on the fact that the teams below us just could not get their acts together.. Think we are in for a hard few weeks but hopefully have enough. Good thing is that whilst we have a tough run-in, other teams below us are playing each other - a good run for one of them will come at the expense of another rival.. Its in our own hands, but we will let others do the work for us!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I want Southampton to drop points v Chelsea at St Marys then beat them at Wembley the following week that way their focus will be totally on the FA Cup again.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
This is my second year following your teachings and the triumphant LVGull thread to the bedwetters is now my most anticipated one. I cannot wait! A few more games and I reckon you can get it drafted.

Whenever I feel despondent I just dig up your old threads laughing at those of us with weak faith. Keep it up bud!

It’s coming soon pal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here