Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Singers who can't sing (or those whose voices you can't stand).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A few controversial entries from me.

Stevie Wonder
Lisa Stansfield

I know most of those are bloody great singers but their voices just make me want to reach for the fast forward button.
Would agree with you about those two anyway.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Stevie Wonder
Bruce Springsteen
Paul Simon
Tim Burgess (Charlatans)
Paul Heaton (Beautiful South)
Seal
Phil Lynott
Steve Harley
Lisa Stansfield
Willie Nelson
That singer from Mott The Hoople

I know most of those are bloody great singers but their voices just make me want to reach for the fast forward button.

Was going to add Tim Burgess mainly as having seen the charlatans live a few times he definitely cannot sing!!!

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Sure none of these are my favourite but given the voice is an instrument,I like the variety of many of these performers mentioned above and their uniqueness. That's what made the BBC's 'Perfect Day' so brilliant 20 years ago (ouch)
To my mind then, I can't think of many offensive voices for me it's all about offensive songs or performances.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Rufus Wainwright is technically a very good singer but I just dont like the tone of his voice. Too whiney and droney.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Stevie Wonder
Bruce Springsteen
Paul Simon
Tim Burgess (Charlatans)
Paul Heaton (Beautiful South)
Seal
Phil Lynott
Steve Harley
Lisa Stansfield
Willie Nelson

Steve Harley and Ian Hunter (Mott) were two who immediately occurred to me in the 'Can't sing' category.

But I like both of them :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is this that makes NSC so unique and special from other footie sites.....where else can you read about things like "My fave Biscuit" or "How do you dunk your biscuit" or "What is your fave soap".......NOWHERE else can you get this sort of reading!!!

Deffo but where's the hard hitting threads like 'favourite flavour of Angel Delight', gone for this break.

Posters who can't read a music thread title is hardly the stuff of legend, is it?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Add Tina Turner to my list of voices that grate.

Regards singers who can't sing but I still like them.... Milli Vanilli. The ultimate can't sing act. Also Bill Callahan, also the female singer in my favourite Swedish band JJ.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Wyclef made me come to hate the Fugees. There's only so many "uh-uh, yeah" interjections in a song before you want to rip your ears off.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015

Steve Harley and Ian Hunter (Mott) were two who immediately occurred to me in the 'Can't sing' category.

But I like both of them

I think it was the limitations of Ian Hunter's voice which prompted Mick Ralphs to leave Mott the Hoople and form Bad Company with Paul Rogers on vocals.
Having said that I love All the Young Dudes including Hunter's vocal performance.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Bryan Ferry
Ed Sheeran.
Thom Yorke.
Billy Ray Cirus and his soppy daughter.
Most modern rap artists
Michael Buble.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Bryan Ferry
Ed Sheeran.
Thom Yorke.
Billy Ray Cirus and his soppy daughter.
Most modern rap artists
Michael Buble.
Yes definitely Buble. Another technically good singer whose voice I just cant get on with.

There's also Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys. However I'm not sure if it's his voice I can't stand or his stupid smug face.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here