Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Duggan "Lawfully Killed" According to Jurors

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Anyone that goes out on the streets carrying a gun should be ready for the consequences.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Another police cover up I bet, on what grounds did they find it 'lawful' I wonder? because they are the Police? Oh that's alright then.

err I don't think ALL the jury were serving Police officers.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Duggan was carrying a gun at some point that day, probably not for the first time in his life, so he was a danger to the public, so for this reason I am pleased he was taken off the streets.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Perhaps the family who are up in arms should be looking a little closer to home as to who is to blame. It wasn't the police who raised an armed criminal.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As I thought.....not very long.....all with mitigating circs that need considering when reaching a conclusion...... Short line yes.

Having thought about it I guess it is a short list.

I think the problem is that in a few high profile cases the Police always seem to back each other up and get away with it as if the courts are heavily weighted in their favour.

Ian Tomlinson springs to mind, when the whole thing was on camera and it was just an unprovked attack by a thug in uniform but the court still let him off.

If they were unsure - why couldnt a taser have been used ?

Because you need to be a couple of meters in front of the target to use a taser. The question being what if he had a second gun, its quite possible as the police KNEW he just purchased one. What stopped him buying two or three?

Are you expecting the police to be mind readers in these scenarios, he was a clear danger to the officers at the scene and potentially to the public near by. What other option did they have? Please tell us, because tasers are off the table.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember the police acquittals in the Stephen Waldorf shooting in the 80's. Worth reading up on it for all you youngsters out there. Shoot on site policy then.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
But neither of those were found to be lawful killings so whats your point. The police do not go round shooting people 'on a whim' but yescthey have made mistakes.

Make "mistakes" then try and cover them up. How can you expect the public to believe the plod when there are regular cases of them lying.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If this had happened in the USA he would have had more perforations than a Tetley tea bag.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i like how the rightous amongst forget this was a fairly nasty person, doing alot of naughty, they didnt just pull over some random and shoot them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If I were a gambling person i'd put money on us finding out in a few years time that the officer who fired the shots had a history of misconduct and psychological instability and probably shouldn't have had a gun in his hand in the first place, thats how these things normally go.

And was sacked by the Met in 1995.

Dandyman

In London village.
Is it allowed for us to think both that Duggan was a scumbag and also that the OB screwed up both the hard stop and the aftermath ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So he threw the gun 20 feet away and then got shot or he got shot and then threw the gun away ?

Or he never had a gun ?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I remember the police acquittals in the Stephen Waldorf shooting in the 80's. Worth reading up on it for all you youngsters out there. Shoot on site policy then.

And a policy of letting the police off whenever they find themselves in the dock. Some things change, but not everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here