Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Significant transfer news at 3pm **C O G Staying**

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless you're Chris O'Grady and you can out muscle the defenders, win possession and pass the ball to a team mate.

This is not going to go down well with Stat Brother as it could be construed as a criticism of Team CMS. It is of course true though.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Nice insult. Unless I'm going mad, I'm pretty sure I also got to witness my team play Premier League football in 1992/93, 1996/97 and 2004/05? ???

Oh, fair enough. Did you support Chelsea or Arsenal between 1993-1996, then 98-2004 then 2005 to 2013? I mean, you're good at propping up dates Palace played in the premier league, but really...you're only further adding the idea that you only support Palace when they're in the prem. But continue, because you're digging yourself deeper.

You're a plastic, it's clear to see.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Chasing sticks is as pointless as chasing 40 yard hoofs up field, when facing 2 brick out houses.

I've got this picture in my head when you're involved with CMS stuff…

latest

I think General Motti is any number of NSCer's proclaiming " your sad devotion to CMS has not helped you conjure up any further goals or given you clairvoyance to find the hidden Albion attacking formula"

To which you, that is Darth Vader respond simply "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Who Grand Moff Tarkin is is anyone's guess….

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
This is not going to go down well with Stat Brother as it could be construed as a criticism of Team CMS. It is of course true though.
Except CMS is not supposed to be a target man.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've got this picture in my head when you're involved with CMS stuff…

I think General Motti is any number of NSCer's proclaiming " your sad devotion to CMS has not helped you conjure up any further goals or given you clairvoyance to find the hidden Albion attacking formula"

To which you, that is Darth Vader respond simply "I find your lack of faith disturbing"

Who Grand Moff Tarkin is is anyone's guess….
In fairness, even after building a Death Star, I don't recall Lord Vader says "soz chaps, I might have called that a teeny-weeny bit wrong, anyhoo, no harm done, live and learn".
"humble pie, anyone?"

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
In fairness, even after building a Death Star, I don't recall Lord Vader says "soz chaps, I might have called that a teeny-weeny bit wrong, anyhoo, no harm done, live and learn".
"humble pie, anyone?"

Well he did at the end of Return of the Jedi!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
True, he is supposed to be a professional footballer though, but he can't control a ball or shoot accurately.

Let it go man. If you can't understand that hold-up play is not CMS's job, he never claimed it to be, and it never will be, then more fool you.

Oh, and if you can't see that the running CMS does for the team (oft criticised by the 'labrador' spouting tw@ts on here), is valuable, then you are lacking any sense of perspective: interestingly, COG recognised CMS's contribution after CMS had run himself and, importantly, the oppositions defence into the ground, enabling COG to have a field day when he came on.

Still, I'm sure you and your cronies know best...

... actually, you don't.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Nice insult. Unless I'm going mad, I'm pretty sure I also got to witness my team play Premier League football in 1992/93, 1996/97 and 2004/05? ???

On the contrary, I think you'll find that all neutral observers would suggest that you got to witness your team play in the Premier League.

The standard of football Palarse played fell so far short of what was required in the Premier League that it must have been a thoroughly dispiriting experience watching them, a long season of misery ending with the inevitable agony of relegation.

Not once, not twice, three times.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Let it go man. If you can't understand that hold-up play is not CMS's job, he never claimed it to be, and it never will be, then more fool you.

Oh, and if you can't see that the running CMS does for the team (oft criticised by the 'labrador' spouting tw@ts on here), is valuable, then you are lacking any sense of perspective: interestingly, COG recognised CMS's contribution after CMS had run himself and, importantly, the oppositions defence into the ground, enabling COG to have a field day when he came on.

... actually, you don't.

So you know best then?

The only one that I have seen CMS running into the ground is himself. He offers pretty well nothing other than trying hard.

My opinion, no known cronies

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

... actually, you don't.
How about you let it go and stop quoting me every time I mention CMS? That would be a good start. Listen, you clearly miss the point that I'm making, I'm not down on CMS because he's a bad target man as that isn't what he's suited to, I'm down on him because he's an awful footballer. The only attribute he has is stamina, he has no control, no vision, no pace, doesn't make intelligent runs and has demonstrated on many occasions that he has absolutely ZERO composure in front of goal. Regarding the game when 'he ran their defenders into the ground', were you at that game? I was and true to form he ran around a bit, got caught offside every 5 minutes, won no headers, took no shots and got outpaced by their centre back in a straight out sprint.
Can you please explain why your so confident that your opinion is correct and why you can discard mine so freely and regularly.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
So you know best then?

The only one that I have seen CMS running into the ground is himself. He offers pretty well nothing other than trying hard.

Every time I make a post about CMS this fella rocks up throwing a hissy fit, I think he's got a lob on for him :lol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So you know best then?

Not just my opinion, but both Chris's (H and O'G). Forgive me if I trust theirs over yours...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How about you let it go and stop quoting me every time I mention CMS? That would be a good start. Listen, you clearly miss the point that I'm making, I'm not down on CMS because he's a bad target man as that isn't what he's suited to, I'm down on him because he's an awful footballer. The only attribute he has is stamina, he has no control, no vision, no pace, doesn't make intelligent runs and has demonstrated on many occasions that he has absolutely ZERO composure in front of goal. Regarding the game when 'he ran their defenders into the ground', were you at that game? I was and true to form he ran around a bit, got caught offside every 5 minutes, won no headers, took no shots and got outpaced by their centre back in a straight out sprint.
Can you please explain why your so confident that your opinion is correct and why you can discard mine so freely and regularly.

Really, you need to cut the vitriol aimed at CMS. Just be pleased COG has decided to stay (the subject of this thread after all). Personally, I'm happy to wait and see whether CMS gets a chance to play off of COG or Best. If he does, and he fails to make an impact, I'm sure he will be gone in the summer, and I'm sure you'll finally be happy then. Of course, if he plays off a big striker and does well, I'm sure you'll eat humble pie?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here