Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixiera or Lingard

who would you prefer given the choice on loan

• Total voters

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
positional sense and intelligence.

Those were the attributes I most remember. His positional awareness and off the ball running were exceptional for a young player. He always seemed to be in space that he had created for himself - he worked very well as part of a fluid front 3, he seemed to understand what Garcia wanted more than the players that had been here all year.

Not sure he'll make it at United but let's face it, who does now? He find a home in the Premier League though, underrated by many on here.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The effect of recency is completely illustrated in this poll. Lingard had a far better loan spell than Teixiera overall but Teixiera's just had an excellent game.

Football fans being the knee jerk reactionary sorts plump for the guy who's been massively inconsistent and is easily kicked out of games.

If the question was who has the potential to be a better player it would be Teixera, no doubt. However, in the here and now I'd have Lingard.

I don't doubt that there is some recency bias in the voting in this poll, but it's also worth noting that JL wasn't revered universally at the time.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Not for me, but hey ho I am used to not agreeing with the majority it seems

Lingard is a much better player all round for me.

It would be boring if we all had the same opinion.

I see your signature, is that still relevant or do you still believe in CMS?

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I think people are getting very carried away with 1 excellent performance against Ipswich from Tex.

Had this pole been done a week ago I am pretty confident the results would be reversed.

Lingard for me was a much more consisitently high performer than Tex. And a much bigger goal threat

Those were my thoughts too. Everyone thought he was rubbish after his form from the first few games faded away. Though we may see Teixeira turn in those Ipswich like performances a bit more regularly under Hughton now.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I don't doubt that there is some recency bias in the voting in this poll, but it's also worth noting that JL wasn't revered universally at the time.

Yup. There's an interesting point to be made about swapping them over. Funnily enough, I reckon Lingard would have stood out more with how we've been this year and Teixiera would have been far more effective in the space created by a decent target man.

I look forward to seeing Hughton unlock the obvious potential in Tex. If he does, we have one hell of a player.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lindgard isn't coming back pointless thread, you might as well have a poll for CMS or Messi.

Eh? It's an interesting thread, comparing two attacking players loaned in from two top Premier League sides in successive seasons. It's not about getting Lingard back.

Can't see why you would get hot under the collar about a thread such as this.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lindgard isn't coming back pointless thread, you might as well have a poll for CMS or Messi.

Eh? It's an interesting thread, comparing two attacking players loaned in from two top Premier League sides in successive seasons. It's not about getting Lingard back.

Can't see why you would get hot under the collar about a thread such as this.

Possibly to do with who compiled the poll ! I viewed in the same light as you Pogue Mahone

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I changed my mind to Tex early on into the Leeds game. I prefer Lualua to both of them.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I changed my mind early on into the Leeds game. I prefer Lualua to both of them.
Your next joke, Tiexiera says about leaving Liverpool and if he does a lower Premier side or relegated side to the Championship will come in for him but alwats hopeful it could be us.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Teixeira - but Lingard is easier to spell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here