Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dunk's celebration after Balogun's goal

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Don't forget Luton preceded Palace for kerfuffles late 60's/ early 70's, despite the distance. Boots off and all lined up outside the North stand.

I remember when 4 lads from Gillingham 'took' the North (it was that empty) :facepalm:

If only we had an NSC poster who could make veiled comments about how great it was back then copared with today, and post links to recent youtube uploads of spotty yooves running up and down Queen's Road ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You cheeky terrapin.
Well I included myself in that :shrug:

Look the ball went out right from the goalie to [Bruno/Bridcutt/Norman Gall??] that player passed it square across the pitch but it was a bad delivery meaning Dunk had to battle with Bolasie to gain control. Now I was in the front seat so had an uninterrupted view.
Yeah, I'd like to see it again as I feel Dunk was a bit stuffed from the start, it wasn't all his doing.

I am not a betting man.
When I say 'I'd put money on it', that's just my way of saying I'm quite sure, rather than 'you wanna bet on that pal?'.

But my memory may be failing me as much as James Tomkins pace I failing him..
Everyone is mocking Tomkin's pace, but I don't think he's that slow, I just think he played it badly. Andone got up to speed quickest and got ahead of Tomkins (who was practically ambling at that point), but after Andone had kept the ball in, knocking it forward, Tomkins kept up with him, both seemingly at full pace. He was still there at the end to claim the assist :D

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was in front of the keeper and pretty much in line with Balogun - I've seen those disallowed.
Not correctly :) The keeper dived quick enough, he didn't appear to be unsighted.

I also enjoyed Tomkins last night bellowing at the ref "I NEVER TOUCHED THE BALL" when he cut Murray down and the corner was awarded. If you nevr touched the ball, Tommy, then you were bloody fortunate it wasn't a PEN weren't you, dumbo.
Indeed, I'm surprised the ref didn't sarcastically ask him if it should be a penalty.

How great would that have been if the ref had said "Oh, didn't you ? Ok then" and pointed to the spot :lolol:
It would have been heaven, as would have been all the pundits mocking Tomkins afterwards.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
and BG.

Yeah, I knew it was wrong I just couldn't be bothered to think where I was wrong!!

BG is all over this Summers Reading defender transfer rumour thread (Moore - although I've probably got that wrong too) saying how Dunk wasn't as good as Mawson and only worth £10m
Yeah, but Dunk has upped his game since then :whistle:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not correctly :) The keeper dived quick enough, he didn't appear to be unsighted.

Be honest - a player standing in an offside position a yard in front of the keeper can't really be deemed NOT to be interfering with play.

Obviously I'd have been pissed off at the time had that goal been chalked off for offside, but on viewing the replay...it probably should have been.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Be honest - a player standing in an offside position a yard in front of the keeper can't really be deemed NOT to be interfering with play.

Obviously I'd have been pissed off at the time had that goal been chalked off for offside, but on viewing the replay...it probably should have been.

I don't know if things have changed since MOTD but I've particularly enjoyed the lack (that I've seen/heard) of palace saying 'we was robbed'.
They knew they got done by the better team, end of.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Can't blame him, being as in the seconds running up to that 2nd goal, the ratboy goonsquad were in full voice serenading him with "Lewis Dunk, she said no".

It all went very quiet though, all of a sudden.

And, I think, fairly unavoidable for the MOTD edit "Lewis, Lewis, you're a ****"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Careful, or you'll sound like Clough.

My feeling is that he wasn't, but I'm not claiming to be an expert on that rule.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know if things have changed since MOTD but I've particularly enjoyed the lack (that I've seen/heard) of palace saying 'we was robbed'.
They knew they got done by the better team, end of.
Perhaps because those brave enough to show up on here have been the more reasonable of their fans, rather than Dougie et al. In the future I expect they'll refer to this game as the one Friend won for us, conveniently forgetting the facts.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
In the future I expect they'll refer to this game as the one Friend won for us, conveniently forgetting the facts.

Saw some Palace fan blog where they claimed exactly that and that Murray dived on the edge of the box which lead to our corner.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Saw some Palace fan blog where they claimed exactly that and that Murray dived on the edge of the box which lead to our corner.
When I saw it live (a long way from the north of the East Upper) I thought Murray had try to buy the penalty by stopping in front of Tomkins. Having seen the replays I can see that Murray couldn't have stayed on his feet if he tried. His left leg simply had nowhere to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here