Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Izquierdo has to start every game now..

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He let Dawson go past him in the first half for a chance that really should have resulted in a goal (Dawson's touch let him down and allowed Ryan to make a decent save). Ryan had a go at Jose after the incident. I wonder if his substitution was "punishment" from Hughton for not doing his defensive duties?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He let Dawson go past him in the first half for a chance that really should have resulted in a goal (Dawson's touch let him down and allowed Ryan to make a decent save). Ryan had a go at Jose after the incident. I wonder if his substitution was "punishment" from Hughton for not doing his defensive duties?

I am sure that is why he was subbed off - for not defending well rather than not attacking. I would have left him on to attack

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

AK should have been subbed for not doing his attacking responsibility's....or who ever let Evans go unmarked for the 1st goal.....taking Izguierdo off was a cheap shot made by Hughton to make himself look decisive.
Izguierdo was our only hope 1st half and with their aging team tiring he would have caused more issues.
£13.5m player subbed at half time , why would you spend anymore on a striker and let Hughton lose on them.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Jose looked poor first half. On at least 2 occasions Bong put him down the line onto the fullback, but Jose tried to lay it back and TWICE, he mislaid it and they attacked. It was so sloppy as to be unreal. He was far too passive, not taking his marker on. Yes, on 2 occasions he also looked dangerous around their box, but not nearly enough. I can see why he came off because you simply cannot have a passenger just because he MIGHT do something.

I thought Jose was standout against Bournemouth, by Monday and today, I simply don't understand how his performance levels can have so much disparity.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Heard at the ground that someone said Hughton and Jose had a bust up as the team left the pitch at half time?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He might not be happy, but there is responsibility that comes with a £15m transfer fee, of which he would have personally financially benefited from. He needs to start delivering.

Sometimes no matter how big the fee thing's don't always work out the way you would like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here