Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Who would you start in goal against Watford?

Who would you start in goal against Watford?

• Ryan

Votes: 192 59.4%
  • Maenpaa

Votes: 131 40.6%

• Total voters

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Stick with Ryan, as I fully expect CH to do, however if he makes another error I would switch to Maenpaa after the international break.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
There is an irony in dropping Ryan.................i'm in team CH whatever he says it great by me.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Might have done better with Dunk's header, should have held a shot coming through a defender's legs, did not dominate a packed 6 yard area. None of those efforts were anywhere near as bad as Stockwell letting Grealish's shot through his arms v Villa.

Early days.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Ryan, needs game time. Dropping him now would be ridiculous and I don't think Chris will

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Marty Ryan for me, is the club No1, if he's dropped so will his confidence even more, so stick with him.
Just don't mention the £6 million price around his neck :laugh:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would go with Ryan still but can somebody explain why Ben Roberts was hitting balls at him from the halfway line during halftime v Barnet when that is not his weakness that needs working on.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What more can Maenpaa do? He made a crucial point blank save tonight to preserve our one goal lead, he's never let us down and the defence know him better than Ryan. This is a genuine problem for Hughton.

I dont see it as a problem at the moment at all, certainly not yet

Even when Stockdale was making errors he never got a look in, and when Stockdale was injured and he performed well, as soon as Stockdale was fit he came back in the side because he was the better keeper.

I suspect Roberts and Hughton know Ryan is the better keeper and its why he is No1.

Sure if he continues to make error after error in 10 games he will come under threat, but we are a long way off that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Maenpaa, because on current evidence he is a better goalkeeper.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I would go with Ryan still but can somebody explain why Ben Roberts was hitting balls at him from the halfway line during halftime v Barnet when that is not his weakness that needs working on.

You say that but we were watching him and he spilled a couple out his arms in the warm up which is a concern. I understand concerns over dropping Ryan but then doesn't NM deserve a chance after his clean sheet?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
NM - he deserves his chance, and Ryan's mistakes are fatal at the level we are at...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sure if he continues to make error after error in 10 games he will come under threat, but we are a long way off that.

So a goal a game given away for another 6 matches means he still keeps his place??

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How about if he also stops three dead certainties in each of the same matches?

Where did you get this scenario from - the 'Roy Of The Rovers' editor's wastepaper bin?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here