Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Waiting List

Jan 30, 2008
And others simply loving winning, attacking football, with a great squad assembled with TB's money.

A far cry from the often boring passing around the back by Poyet (the Amex era version) and Garcia.
sing when you're winning , SAVED thousands of pounds jacking my ST in
regards
DR

Withdeano

Oct 30, 2010
Horsham
It's still amazing that we have reached capacity on the permitted number of season tickets sold (23,000?). I've been informed that that is in the top ten of highest number of season tickets per club in England. Outside of the Premier League only Newcastle and ourselves are in that elite group.

So if we reach the promised land of the Premier League in May there won't be too many JCLs or glory hunters coming to the Amex based on the following :

Amex capacity - 30,750, number of season ticket holders - 23,000, 10% allocation for away fans - 3,075, pay per game tickets - 4,675 (less seats for club complimentary guests, seats taken up for segregation areas, seats taken for group bookings).

Blimey, we are popular! And to think that in 2011 I was told that the club were looking to sell 12,000 season tickets and hoping for attendances of around 18,000.

In his programme notes before a match in about 1985 Chris Catlin wrote that he believed Albion had potential to be one of the top 10 clubs in the country and followed this up with something like "I'm not talking pie in the sky, it's the truth". Unfortunately I gave all of my old programmes away in a mad decluttering moment after I got married so I can't put my hands on it, but the comment always stuck with me. Seems old Chris was on the money...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
In his programme notes before a match in about 1985 Chris Catlin wrote that he believed Albion had potential to be one of the top 10 clubs in the country and followed this up with something like "I'm not talking pie in the sky, it's the truth". Unfortunately I gave all of my old programmes away in a mad decluttering moment after I got married so I can't put my hands on it, but the comment always stuck with me. Seems old Chris was on the money...

I recall Rick Wakeman on the regional news programme from Southampton (BBC or ITV) a few years back, when we were at Withdean - Talking about his lovely of Pompey.

Out of the blue, he brought the Albion into the chat, saying we really were the sleeping giant in British football, have a hugely populated catchment area all to ourselves and would be a great buy for the right entrepreneur.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I can add to that being a season ticket holder at the Preistfield, when the couple of thousand fans who traveled to home games were considered by the club as true fans. How things have changed, I am now a customer who can easily and gladly be replaced by a JCL with plenty of money. I wonder how many of those Gillingham traveling fans are left today?

:wave:

I even travelled 150 miles to watch to Brighton 1 Milwall 5 - LDV Round 1 1997.
Beat that.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Beat that.

Was that the game when Jamie moralee did his best to kick it over the bar from a yard out but scored to put us 1-0 up?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Beat that.

I went to that. Luckily a short trip for me . . . .

Moralee scord a rare cracker so I recall :lolol:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
That would be 99%.........

98% of 20,000 is 19,600. So approx 400 available. My lad is 500 odd on the WL so looks like an 8 year old is going to be disappointed :(

We've been mostly disappointed for the past 25 years, worst case scenario for your lad, he'll definitely get one next year. What a great time to be starting your journey as an Albion fan. Hope he squeaks in though:thumbsup:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
We may only give the bare minimum to visiting teams as many will to us so they may increase the season ticket allocation and the lad in the 500's will be in easy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here