Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Tomori is also an option if it gets desperate at centre back

Hughton

We have brought in Fikayo on loan from Chelsea to provide us with some additional cover in the full-back positions, and we are delighted to welcome him to the club.

"He is a highly-rated young full-back, by both Chelsea and England; he is predominantly a right-back, but he can play in any position across the back four, and will give us good defensive cover for the first-team for the second half of the season.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Not sure why you're that bothered, tbh. Sure, the BFG will give away the odd penalty, but Stocko will save them anyway. One could almost make a case for saying we should drop Dunk in favour of the BFG, precisely because of the increase in team spirit that always follows Stocko saving a penalty - we need as many penalties conceded as possible, I think.

BFG just needs some game time he has come back from a very lengthy injury and thrown into a league where everyone if up to full speed he wont let us down if and when called upon

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He can get a maximum of 4 more from the next 16 games. That's a fairly big ask.

Is it not more 5 in the next 13 games to miss the last 3 games and go on holiday early, which is not so difficult. If he can clear March we should be ok as April fixtures dont look too difficult other than perhaps Norwich away and Wolves which we can get a draw in both irrespective.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Not sure what we can do about it so its pointless worrying - if we are winning by a goal and he stops a very dangerous attach in the 90th minute and takes a yellow card then so be it 3 points is better than 1. As long as he gets his yellows in matches we win then that's 15 points in the bag and 14 to go - what he doesn't want to do is like he did on Thursday, get a silly yellow in a game that we had already lost.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Is it not more 5 in the next 13 games to miss the last 3 games and go on holiday early, which is not so difficult.
Whose side are you on? If we wanted him to miss the last 3, it would be 5 more in the next 14 games (we've got 17 left). I'm saying he can get 4 more in the next 16, and he won't get the 3 game ban.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not sure what we can do about it so its pointless worrying - if we are winning by a goal and he stops a very dangerous attach in the 90th minute and takes a yellow card then so be it 3 points is better than 1.
That's not being debated, of course we'd take that. Some yellows are necessary.
As long as he gets his yellows in matches we win then that's 15 points in the bag and 14 to go
It obviously doesn't work like that. If we're 1 down or level we'd still want him to stop us conceding another, even if it mean a yellow.

Mostly it's the yellows he gets when the ball isn't in play I'd like to stop. Yellows for kicking the ball away are expensive.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The same Liam who is not anywhere near ready yet. As the saying goes cometh the hour cometh the man so we would bring in an U23 CB like Dallison or White

He won't play youngsters in such an important run in. No chance of that - I know him too well. He will go with as much experience as he can till the end of the season now

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Imagine having Hunemier and Bruno as our CBs against someone like Derby.

Bruno has already played there against Derby this season???

Do you remember when we were all clapping when he purposefully got one against Fulham? How we laughed.

He hasn't (effectively) been booked since, so as it stands it can't be seen as a bad decision. Only if/when it happens can we assess that.

I suspect others might be laughing at you if the ban comes at a convenient time such as early April, or after we have already sealed promotion or not at all.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We have all virtuallyaccepted that he will get the cards so it is 5 before he gets another ban so it is the 5th at home to Wigan on Easter Monday
Is that your guess as to when he gets his 15th, or are you hoping he makes it that far or what?
If he gets fifteenth in last game does that mean he misses 1st 3 of next season?
Suspensions are carried over to the next season.
If that's the case and he makes it to the last day on 14, I imagine he'll only be in danger of picking up another if we need the points. Might as well have him on the bench.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Do you remember when we were all clapping when he purposefully got one against Fulham? How we laughed.

Some of us quite forcefully argued that he shouldn't deliberately get booked at Fulham (or any other game), citing precisely the 15 card three-match ban. [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] was certainly one, but we were in a minority. Those who thought it was a good idea then can always come forward now and indicate that it was right then, and remains right now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Simple maths. He averages one yellow every three matches so is likely to he'll get his 15th in Match 44 and miss the last 2 matches.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not sure what we can do about it so its pointless worrying - if we are winning by a goal and he stops a very dangerous attach in the 90th minute and takes a yellow card then so be it 3 points is better than 1. As long as he gets his yellows in matches we win then that's 15 points in the bag and 14 to go - what he doesn't want to do is like he did on Thursday, get a silly yellow in a game that we had already lost.

Unless that was also deliberate in that he'd miss one game for the red (two yellows) but take his tally back down from 11 to 10, thereby reducing the chance of reaching 15.....

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
We all know that dunk is quality but people feel it is inevitable he will be booked as a defender. I seem to recall that rio Ferdinand went a whole season without a yellow at Man U. He was a phenomenal defender who very very rarely left his feet. Dunk is good but not top class.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Some of us quite forcefully argued that he shouldn't deliberately get booked at Fulham (or any other game), citing precisely the 15 card three-match ban. [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION] was certainly one, but we were in a minority. Those who thought it was a good idea then can always come forward now and indicate that it was right then, and remains right now.

I was in neither camp to be honest but I'm also one to shrug when a defender gets booked most of the time. It comes with the territory of being a defensive player, unless it's dissent which is quite annoying (acknowledging Dunk vs Fulham here).

I do agree that he does pick up quite a lot more than other players but he's not alone on 11, joint with 3 other players including Janson from Leeds.

What can't be argued though is that we would miss him like a limb but still, it hasn't happened yet. Might go the rest of the season without an offense....might.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here