Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fikayo Tomori on loan from Chelsea

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
At Chelsea his first team opportunities would be restricted by the only decent full back César Azpilicueta in the PL.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Presumably Hunt? Unless of course he's sent out on loan before Saturday. In which case you may well be right about Tomori starting!
What would be the point in loaning out Hunt and bringing another players in, if we're going to play Hunt?

errrmm... because there isn't a game on Sunday?
*cough* Sunday *cough*

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
What would be the point in loaning out Hunt and bringing another players in, if we're going to play Hunt?

*cough* Sunday *cough*

He's obviously here to replace Hunt. But Hunt hasn't been loaned out yet. I'm also thinking, that five days at the club may not be long enough to be ready for a start in a first team fixture. Hunt played in the MK match too, so if he's still here he should get to keep the shirt for Lincoln imo. If he goes then obviously the situation will change.

We shall just have to wait and see I guess. :shrug:

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
If they didn't trust Hunt to play with all those RBs missing and chose Goldson instead, I can see why he's off on loan. This sounds like the perfect player to bring in.

I expect he'd start against Lincoln unless Rosenior is ready. 6 weeks would be mental for him to have to wait and maybe he'll get half a game tomorrow if he's up to it.

I think the last week has proven if we don't trust Hunt for a game that big then we need one more player in the squad........ fingers crossed he gets some time on merit and not due to being our only fit option. That said if he's good enough to 'spell' starters for 30 mins every now and again when we're winning comfortably then I think that would be very useful with a busy run in.

Which better club for a RB to go to than us with Bruno and Liam as his training buddies and the squad togetherness

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
This suggests that there are concerns over whether Bruno and Rosenior can stay fit for the rest of the season. Other cover options (Hunt, Goldson) not good enough...

Not concerns per se just us being prudent in an area where loan availability is better than up top where you have to pay a hefty fee for someone you might only ever keep on the bench.

With regards why Chelsea would send him here perhaps it's purely the next phase in his development to come out and see what things are like elsewhere and gain life experience in doing so.

As for Hunt going out on loan we see that as the next step in his development... for exactly the same reasons as above.

The club know what they're doing here.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Tomoro will be bench tonight.
Will make debut in FA cup.
Move Goldson to CB in cup tie and rest Dunk or Duffy to ensure against injury etc

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At Chelsea his first team opportunities would be restricted by the only decent full back César Azpilicueta in the PL.

And the fact that their present 3-4-3 formation doesn't employ orthodox full backs.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm also thinking, that five days at the club may not be long enough to be ready for a start in a first team fixture.
But it's against Lincoln. It's not even the end of the world if we lose, it's the perfect game to bed a new player.
Hunt played in the MK match too, so if he's still here he should get to keep the shirt for Lincoln imo. If he goes then obviously the situation will change.
The club have already said they intend to loan Hunt out, so what's the point in giving him another game before he goes? We're trying to prepare our squad for the rest of the season, so if Tomori is going to be a part of it we need to get him up to speed.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
one player id love to see join with him is Dom Solanke on loan - rated higher than Tammy Abraham by Chelsea coaching staff

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Hunt needs regular football. Rosenenior,not 100% fit.Bruno has a niggle,Goldson is a centre half,so i can see the logic........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here