Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
6eaf963524cd26d8261d0fb56d937c65.jpg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The one scenario I see for tomorrow is SASTA not bothering to try and run a Football service to try and turn the public against the Unions but reading all these posts that would be stupid for them to do now

if the letter from the Office of Rail and Road is to be taken as serious plan in place (and not just a hope), i foresee Southern going out of their way to provide Brighton-Falmer-Lewes service, at the expense of other service. can they pull drivers off the brighton mainline to cover shortages on east and west coast?

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Haven't seen this on any other SASTA thread, but here is the email I received from Southern about tomorrows trains....

We are very sorry to let you know that we expect services to be severely reduced across much of the network on non-strike days from tomorrow (Friday), through the weekend and on Monday as a result of ASLEF's (the Drivers' Union) continued overtime ban.

Tomorrow, Friday, is the first day when ASLEF's overtime ban will be felt on a non-strike day. This means that Southern and Gatwick Express services will be severely reduced and, on some routes, cancelled altogether. We will put on rail replacement buses where we can. We urge people to check before they travel on the day.

Please check the Southern website http://www.southernrailway.com/strike for more details on Southern services affected and http://www.gatwickexpress.com for Gatwick Express services affected. We strongly advise you to check again on the day that you travel.

We're sincerely sorry about the delays, cancellations and disruptions to your services.

Alex Foulds

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Chris Grayling needs to step in now and take charge. He needs to stop being an anti-union Conservative MP and start doing his job as Transport Secretary. He should act not as a champion for one side or the other but as an arbiter to ensure that services can get back to the level they were at before the dispute. This probably means he should tell SASTA to put DOO plans on hold and order an independent enquiry into all aspects of it. It may also mean he tells SASTA to recruit staff and not be so reliant on overtime.
At present his "I'm not getting involved until the unions roll over" is doing no-one any favours.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The one scenario I see for tomorrow is SASTA not bothering to try and run a Football service to try and turn the public against the Unions but reading all these posts that would be stupid for them to do now

The unions lost "joe public" ages ago. Only the die hard lefties are still in support.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The unions lost "joe public" ages ago. Only the die hard lefties are still in support.

Despite a rapid backtrack it was the pre Christmas strike days that made it clear that they weren't really caring about the commuters for me. Southern are the epitome of incompetence but the union relinquished the higher ground with their flagrant targetting the commuters.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Despite a rapid backtrack it was the pre Christmas strike days that made it clear that they weren't really caring about the commuters for me. Southern are the epitome of incompetence but the union relinquished the higher ground with their flagrant targetting the commuters.

They have always been targeting commuters, they're fully aware that strikes don't hurt southern financially.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Diddums most of us are forced to work unpaid overtime.

Quite, my wife has been working 60+ hours a week over the past month to cover staff sickness, she doesn't get overtime, in fact as a salaried employee she doesn't even get paid extra. If she hadn't plenty of people would have suffered but she has a conscious.

You should join a union then.

She is in one

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Quite, my wife has been working 60+ hours a week over the past month to cover staff sickness, she doesn't get overtime, in fact as a salaried employee she doesn't even get paid extra. If she hadn't plenty of people would have suffered but she has a conscious.

She is in one

If you allow yourself to be treated poorly , you will be

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Only really checked in my neck of the woods, but it appears all direct Ashford International to Brighton trains have been stopped.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If you allow yourself to be treated poorly , you will be

If you allow yourself to take pride in your work, going over and above the minimum required, particularly to help others - you can.

A totally alien concept for many, I appreciate.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Getting from and back to London tonight might be a ballache tonight then. Thames link show trains running from Blackfriars and London Bridge, anyone know if they'll be affected by the drivers strike?

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
I'm aiming to get from Croydon to Lewes for 6pm, eat and drink and then a Lewes train to Falmer. I think my expectations are a little high.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Just to confirm before I buy my ticket to get me home from uni, the trains ARE NOT RUNNING on FRIDAY 16th are they?

nope. though Thameslink is not in the strike (being old technology DOO since the fag end of the railways apparently.)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I would suggest a change in the title of this thread from " Southern Rail STRIKE details" because there are no "details" and nothing is certain other than we are all doomed for the foreseeable future.

Can we change it to " Southern Rail STRIKE Speculations" ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here