Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stephen Ward - suspect we might know soon

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He certaintly was desperate to stay. Source is v good (someone at the club who'd know) and also Ward himself - the way he said 'hope so' when I said I'd see him next season with a ;) sounded v sincere... Of course money talks so things may have changed like...

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Perhaps you would like to enlighten us on how much we DID pay for him?

Don't you do the enlightening on such matters?
I do seem to remember that we paid a small fee for him, and was the only fee expenditure in the last summer period. But I might be wrong on this.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I do seem to remember that we paid a small fee for him, and was the only fee expenditure in the last summer period. But I might be wrong on this.

Wasn't he on about £14k at Wolves and we paid the whole lot during his loan period.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wasn't he on about £14k at Wolves and we paid the whole lot during his loan period.

We were discussing Chicksen in that post. The recent report on Ward indicated that his salary at Wolves was £12k, so there's not a great discrepancy between the two. I don't know if we paid it all during the loan period.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

To my knowledge, no figure has ever been publicly disclosed, hence my question (the Argus reported on July 15 2013 that we would pay "an undisclosed sum of compensation" - he was out of contract at MK Dons, but they were due compensation because of his age).
[MENTION=28911]spanish flair[/MENTION]'s comment was somewhat dismissive, and implied we had paid a decent fee for him - I wonder how he knows what this sum was?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We were discussing Chicksen in that post. The recent report on Ward indicated that his salary at Wolves was £12k, so there's not a great discrepancy between the two. I don't know if we paid it all during the loan period.

That same report (in the Express and Star) stated that we DID pay the full sum.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chicksen looks like he has some pace thought he played well against Derby to, deserves a run in the team.

Whilst not the sole reason we lost at Derby, Chicksen coming on at left back and losing Wards attacking greatly contributed to our defeat and the manner of it. I think that Chicksen has promise but is a long way off defensively to be our regular left back.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

I think we paid undisclosed fees for two players last season Chicksen and Stephens, all the others were free or loans.
For us to pay any fees last season you have to admit was unusual.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Chicksen remains 'one for the future' for me. Fine as backup, but not first choice. We need to get Wardy on board.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I think we paid undisclosed fees for two players last season Chicksen and Stephens, all the others were free or loans.
For us to pay any fees last season you have to admit was unusual.

I'm sure we paid a fee for Agustein

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Whilst not the sole reason we lost at Derby, Chicksen coming on at left back and losing Wards attacking greatly contributed to our defeat and the manner of it. I think that Chicksen has promise but is a long way off defensively to be our regular left back.

Considering for the Derby game we had no Upson, Greer going off very early, Ward moving to centre back.....Chicksen was on a hiding to nothing that day.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
To my knowledge, no figure has ever been publicly disclosed, hence my question (the Argus reported on July 15 2013 that we would pay "an undisclosed sum of compensation" - he was out of contract at MK Dons, but they were due compensation because of his age).

[MENTION=28911]spanish flair[/MENTION]'s comment was somewhat dismissive, and implied we had paid a decent fee for him - I wonder how he knows what this sum was?

It was precisely this that I had in mind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Considering for the Derby game we had no Upson, Greer going off very early, Ward moving to centre back.....Chicksen was on a hiding to nothing that day.

I agree it was a mistake by Oscar should have put Calderon in the centre and played Chicksen at right back and left Ward as he was but for me Chicksen is ok getting forward but has a lot to learn about defending before he is the regular left back.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Hope he stays, pure quality. I rate Chicksen too from what I've seen, minus the Derby game of course, which wouldn't be fair on him considering the makeshift defence that day.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Must of watched a different game to you then. Chicksen was covering a lot of ground that day mainly because we lost Greer. Ince should of replaced Greer, March to cover the Ince position. Garcia was very limited tactically.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here