Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wednesday fans discussing us....

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
This Guy is on Drugs.....

What I have found interesting doing the above is that it's about 50/50 in terms of what players we'd want from them and what players they'd want from us.

I think we would happily take Bruno, Dunk, Stevens, Knockaert and Murray from them.

and they would take Westwood, Lees, Pudil (as Bong is away), Hutchinson and Forestieri.

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
This Guy is on Drugs.....

What I have found interesting doing the above is that it's about 50/50 in terms of what players we'd want from them and what players they'd want from us.

I think we would happily take Bruno, Dunk, Stevens, Knockaert and Murray from them.

and they would take Westwood, Lees, Pudil (as Bong is away), Hutchinson and Forestieri.

Seems that they think Bong is at the AFCON?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Yes, true, but we were right in the middle of our blip then - with 7 injuries, and they also had Murphy, who they now don't...

Wasn't like it was a odd ref decision that won them the game

From memory, (our) Murphy had a perfectly legitimate goal ruled out for offside, whereas (their) Murphy took advantage of a bad Dunk error.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
'They' meaning one person?

What do you make of that list a few posts up? I'm aware that you lot rate Westwood but, finally, we're coming round to Stockdale on NSC. Forestieri is obviously a great player, but we have our doubts about what he'd do to our team (which isn't factored in in such comparisons). Most would have him over Baldock, but not convinced about the others. On your board, you seem to rate Hutchinson for his 'destructive' qualities -- I'm not that familiar with him; how would you characterise him?

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
It's subjective. But for the purpose of the match being discussed it's them (in this case SW and their fans) and us (the BHA equivalent). We all have tits who post stuff they shouldn't but when it's in the public domain, I think 'them' is fair.

It really doesn't matter to me I don't care what our or your fans say in that regard I just thought it was a little unfair to create the impression that we all wanted him to break his legs! But that is the nature of online football forums I guess.

CarlosTheOwl

May 7, 2016
What do you make of that list a few posts up? I'm aware that you lot rate Westwood but, finally, we're coming round to Stockdale on NSC. Forestieri is obviously a great player, but we have our doubts about what he'd do to our team (which isn't factored in in such comparisons). Most would have him over Baldock, but not convinced about the others. On your board, you seem to rate Hutchinson for his 'destructive' qualities -- I'm not that familiar with him; how would you characterise him?

Ultimately I think Westwood, Tom Lees, Kieran Lee, Hutchinson and Forestieri are good enough to play at this level for any team. They are tremendous players. However, it is different to say they'd slot straight into the Brighton or Newcastle teams tomorrow instead of the existing players e.g Stockdale, Stephens etc. Because they'd have to learn the tactics and familiarise themselves. I don't know really but they're damn good players at this level. The best I've seen in our colours before.

I know as much as everyone hates him Forestieri is a ridiculous talent but again youd have to play to his strengths which even we haven't done this season in my opinion. Meanwhile Hutchinson is also an absolute monster of a player. Not many retire at 21 and return in such fashion. Possibly our best player. I'm not just talking up our team though, we've got plenty that are average or not doing it for me. Which reflects on why we are 6th.

Out of your players I think it's fair to say many of your starting 11 would improve us but I wouldn't really swap them for the players I've stated above. It's all hypothetical as the reason some of them are obviously performing so well is down to the manager, system, style and being comfortable and playing good football at Brighton. I really like Bruno, Dunk, Kayal, Knockhaert and Murray. Stephens is obviously highly rated but he's been suspended the last 2 times so I've not seen him play much.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Ultimately I think Westwood, Tom Lees, Kieran Lee, Hutchinson and Forestieri are good enough to play at this level for any team. They are tremendous players. However, it is different to say they'd slot straight into the Brighton or Newcastle teams tomorrow instead of the existing players e.g Stockdale, Stephens etc. Because they'd have to learn the tactics and familiarise themselves. I don't know really but they're damn good players at this level. The best I've seen in our colours before.

I know as much as everyone hates him Forestieri is a ridiculous talent but again youd have to play to his strengths which even we haven't done this season in my opinion. Meanwhile Hutchinson is also an absolute monster of a player. Not many retire at 21 and return in such fashion. Possibly our best player. I'm not just talking up our team though, we've got plenty that are average or not doing it for me. Which reflects on why we are 6th.

Out of your players I think it's fair to say many of your starting 11 would improve us but I wouldn't really swap them for the players I've stated above. It's all hypothetical as the reason some of them are obviously performing so well is down to the manager, system, style and being comfortable and playing good football at Brighton. I really like Bruno, Dunk, Kayal, Knockhaert and Murray. Stephens is obviously highly rated but he's been suspended the last 2 times so I've not seen him play much.

Good choice re our best players. Stephens probably deserves to be in there, he's a very complete midfield player and he makes us tick. You probably haven't seen Solly March as yet, who looks some prospect too: very skilful and extremely quick, and improving decision-making.
Will look out for Hutchinson, although hoping he has an off-night. Lee has always impressed me when I've seen him.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London

Good post
We like Duffy and March as well...

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

How dare you come on here and be.......... sensible.

But it's good to see someone not just spouting biased claptrap but putting forward something they have clearly thought about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here