Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] How did we rate Spurs?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
They looked a little half-hearted to me (on telly), as though they were going through the paces making sure they didn't do anything silly before the semi-final.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
They looked a little half-hearted to me (on telly), as though they were going through the paces making sure they didn't do anything silly before the semi-final.

TV was misleading. Spurs pressed like fanatics. Chased balls going, or not going, out of play.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Strange. I thought Aurier, penalty aside, was one of their best footballers and had Izquierdo in his pocket all game aside from that.

Agreed, I thought Izzy was pretty much out played and so did Chris I guess and thats why Solly came on IMO.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hilarious. We disagree and you resort to sarcasm. Top “bantz”.

:shrug: we don't disagree I wasn't even at the game and have no idea how Erikson played.

Oh and I don't resort to sarcasm...

... it's all I've got!!!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Then why do good managers keep picking him? I get that he’s no Pascal Gross, but there’s a very good player there. It’s just whether he’s mentally up to it, Shirley?

Poch hardly ever starts him, which says it all.

Astute Levy is probably waiting for a sucker buying club to pay most of the £30m they foolishly paid to Newcastle. A Chinese club?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Enjoyed watching Spurs like I have all the top sides. Amazed at difference in quality and seem like they all had 15 players on pitch. Still dont understand how they always have someone to pass forwards to and lesser sides have so often have to pass back or sideways because nobody available. Also never hit hopefull balls in box . Funny enough thought our best display against a top side was Chelsea mid 70mins when we matched them.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Enjoyed watching Spurs like I have all the top sides. Amazed at difference in quality and seem like they all had 15 players on pitch. Still dont understand how they always have someone to pass forwards to and lesser sides have so often have to pass back or sideways because nobody available. Also never hit hopefull balls in box . Funny enough thought our best display against a top side was Chelsea mid 70mins when we matched them.

Shame the match last for 90 minutes

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Enjoyed watching Spurs like I have all the top sides. Amazed at difference in quality and it seemed like they had 15 players on the pitch. I still don’t understand how they always have someone to pass forward to, lesser sides, so often, have to pass back or sideways because nobody is available. Also, they never hit hopefull balls in to the box.

Their 4-3-3 set-up was fascinating. Their players seemed to be so widely spaced taking advantage of every inch or Amex turf where as it seemed we were bunched together ‘hunting in packs’. Whilst we played well, we really struggled to create chances against that formation.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They’ve acquired ££££ far better players than the Albion. Individually, in kickabouts, 5 a side or full matches; they simply have far more pace, technique, strength to hold off opponents and ‘football intelligence’.

It was the same the other evening Burnley v Chelsea. Pre match the media talked up Burnley, almost expecting a home win against Chelsea who’ve had a poor season. Despite resting Willian and Hazard, it seemed like Chelsea had 13 players on the pitch, as they ran a slow Burnley team round in circles. If Morata hadn’t have been poor, it should have been 4-1 to the away team.

The top 5 are light years ahead of most of the rest, with ££££ squads of “top top” players.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very efficient, although playing at a low rate and very quick to close us down. Not sure if it is so but they seemed to be playing within themselves being more interested in getting the game out of the way injury and card free.than pushing for 3 points.

Two things really stood out for me:
1. Their movement off the ball.
2. Their physicality. Some of their players rode 2 or 3 tackles and still came out with the ball.

Three things stood out for me!
3 I thought Kane worked his socks off. Very often won the ball in midfield and was always available to receive the ball.
We did well to compete with them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here