Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] NSC Chess Club

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
You’ll note the name change of this thread, at Maffew’s request. He is currently experiencing difficulties with his NSC account which isn’t preventing him from posting but hopefully this will be sorted soon. Therefore keep an eye on the updates on chess.com as well

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How is your the Bournemouth game going. Fecked if I can find it. Still playing Oleg the snail who has 99 games on at the moment.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think it's fair that maffew and Pickles who are doing all the arrangements are missing out on games against Juventus and River Plate. If we don't get more players joining, I'll drop out of one of these to give you guys a chance to play.

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
Thé Romanians appear to have taken on the identity of the Dacii, a tribe which lived round there in Roman times, I presume. Romanian language has its roots in the street Latin spoken by Roman colonisers then. I suspect we may disagree politically, as Max/Gwylan points out!
My opponent, like the Russian I played, is very slow and very good. In chess, there is often a connection. :)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Come on Brighton! D A C I I game going well, I think they are probably/hopefully a tad surprised thus far

and JUVENTUS is off, just 8 v 8 on this one. On paper we have a good chance in this one. Best advise I had had from Battleman and Attilla look at the BOARD not their RATING. Pretend we are playing the Russians

:albion2:

Match day thread in our forum

(PS on a flip note guys, off the back of this I have been invited to Team Worcester, not very active online but have a real life venue and active club up here, with internal and eternal tournaments) Now if Worcestershire play Sussex. hmmm. I'll stick with Brighton of course

btnbelle

Apr 26, 2017
Come on Brighton! D A C I I game going well, I think they are probably/hopefully a tad surprised thus far

and JUVENTUS is off, just 8 v 8 on this one. On paper we have a good chance in this one. Best advise I had had from Battleman and Attilla look at the BOARD not their RATING. Pretend we are playing the Russians

:albion2:

Match day thread in our forum

(PS on a flip note guys, off the back of this I have been invited to Team Worcester, not very active online but have a real life venue and active club up here, with internal and eternal tournaments) Now if Worcestershire play Sussex. hmmm. I'll stick with Brighton of course

Thats great news. Very pleased for you.:)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Cheers BtnBelle, will try and make the time. The NSC team is keeping us very busy, we are playing Juventus from today! Come join/learn we need to make sure of gender equality and all that, you will be paid the same as the rest of us

Bit of a freudian slip in my comment above "with internal and eternal tournaments" should have been of course "with internal and external tournaments"

Nice to see some non players following this thread, I know of two or three more lurking. Come join us guys. There are training videos for complete newbies learning the rules and matches for all abilities. Heck most nights around midnight-1, whilst NSC is quiet and doing offline activities like backups and stuff, we are quite often still playing the odd game! (well some of us)

If you have never played chess or are teetering on the brink or are quite good, come and have a try. We have UK, European, and World club matches on (River Plate, Liverpool our next 2 games)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Bloody loving this chess lark!
Had not played for years but really getting into it.
Just beaten a Romanian and it cheered me up (a bit!) after yesterday!

Yeah it's one of the best NSC ventures in over 15 years of being on this site, heck it's using a lot of time though! Just love the games against other footy teams, incredibly

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
70dea8310f.jpg

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yeah it's one of the best NSC ventures in over 15 years of being on this site, heck it's using a lot of time though!

I agree. Used to love playing chess but haven't played for a long, long time. It's gradually coming back to me

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Please can I play?

I am Moshe Gariani on my computer (Erkan on my phone).

Played chess.com and got to about 1250 so know the basics but not very good.

What is the link to the site? Can we view the Juventus match?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here