Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Knockhaert

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You never know he might actually take one of the chances that Murray fluffs

As said on the other thread, Murray’s chance conversion rate is actually very good, what you should ask is why he only really has 2 clear cut chances in the match, scores 1, misses the other. Jury is out on Locadia, I doubt he’d have the movement or know how to have even missed that chance at the end...

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Did you see knockhaert make a beeline over to Zaha on the final whistle and give him a big hug right in front of the holmsdale, then give hugs to all the Palace players, fair play to the lad !

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Locadia came in, injured, to a championship team engaged in its first PL campaign, he got off to a great start with a debut goal but is still, quite clearly, trying to adjust to the pace and tempo of the Prem...along with most of the squad.

To start accusing him of being too static or lacking class when we're pretty much at the end of a gruelling season is just Arse. He will come good, the guy is big and strong, has a lot of skill and a good eye for goal but will take time...and games...to get to the required level.

Anyone can see why CH brought him in, but, he will have to go up a level to dethrone Murray..,which is why he's here.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Did you see knockhaert make a beeline over to Zaha on the final whistle and give him a big hug right in front of the holmsdale, then give hugs to all the Palace players, fair play to the lad !

He's French. They kiss anything.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I haven’t watch too much Eredivisie but I can’t help get the feeling if JLo can be a winger there then the pace of the game must be quite different to the PL.

He looks deceptively slow to me (and concerningly immobile). Maybe just needs this half season to adjust and work on some aerobic training and next year in the championship he’ll be fine.

As said on the other thread, Murray’s chance conversion rate is actually very good, what you should ask is why he only really has 2 clear cut chances in the match, scores 1, misses the other. Jury is out on Locadia, I doubt he’d have the movement or know how to have even missed that chance at the end...

Maybe he would have more chances if he didn't stray offside so often or commit so many fouls! He's second in the list of players getting sent off and 4th for fouls committed! The offsides are indefensibly because most of them seem to be for him coming back from an offside position rather than making a run too soon. It's his style and he won't change.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Re the comments about Locardia adjusting to the pace of the game, I'm watching a bit of Eredivisie at the moment at it's very relaxing.
Lazy, sleepy Sunday afternoon stuff, almost tranquil.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I haven’t watch too much Eredivisie but I can’t help get the feeling if JLo can be a winger there then the pace of the game must be quite different to the PL.

He looks deceptively slow to me (and concerningly immobile). Maybe just needs this half season to adjust and work on some aerobic training and next year in the championship he’ll be fine.

Maybe he would have more chances if he didn't stray offside so often or commit so many fouls! He's second in the list of players getting sent off and 4th for fouls committed! The offsides are indefensibly because most of them seem to be for him coming back from an offside position rather than making a run too soon. It's his style and he won't change.

Apologies, late edit. That should have read 2nd in the list for offsides.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think the problem with Locadia is that he's a striker, and is playing out wide, which means he has to spend half the game defending, which he clearly can't manage. He's a square peg in a round hole.

He either needs to be the main striker in the 4-4-1-1 we play (a job which i think he's 3rd chice for at the mo), or he needs to play as a 2nd striker alongside Murray or Ulloa in a 4-4-2, which Houghton won't play this season because theres then no place for Gross.

I understand why he's been signed, and i think he'll come good. He looked very good at Old Trafford in the cup, but we can't shoehorn him into the starting 11 anywhere.

Knockhaert ? Houghton ? Sometimes the spelling police really do have a case.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here