Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Neutral thoughts on the Derby game

Gabriel

Apr 12, 2016
Seagulls,

Congrats on the win tonight, you must be buzzing after that! As a neutral I've written up some thoughts on the game - http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk/2017/brighton-3-0-derby-five-things-team-game/

One of the things that stood out to me was how well Rosenior and Humemeier played, because Pocognoli and Duffy's injuries had hardly come at an ideal time. Have their performances tonight made you more relaxed about the injury situation?

All the best for the rest of the season.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Seagulls,

Congrats on the win tonight, you must be buzzing after that! As a neutral I've written up some thoughts on the game - http://www.TheFootbalLab.co.uk/2017/brighton-3-0-derby-five-things-team-game/

One of the things that stood out to me was how well Rosenior and Humemeier played, because Pocognoli and Duffy's injuries had hardly come at an ideal time. Have their performances tonight made you more relaxed about the injury situation?

All fair enough. A few spelling mistakes, do you have journalist relatives in Hove ?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If I'm being honest, you've summarised it fairly well. The disconnect between their attacking foursome became very clear early on and helped us. Playing Ince up against Rosenior aided us even further. And Vydra looked utterly lost out there without the space to run into.

Gabriel

Apr 12, 2016
If I'm being honest, you've summarised it fairly well. The disconnect between their attacking foursome became very clear early on and helped us. Playing Ince up against Rosenior aided us even further. And Vydra looked utterly lost out there without the space to run into.

Cheers. I can't understand why Vydra started out wide for Derby, he's always been a striker. Square pegs in round holes there.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Piss off. If your want to use NSC to advertise your site, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will be happy to come an agreement.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Really enjoyed that, a great read and I like how you view the game.

Thanks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good article, that. Very good indeed.

Gabriel

Apr 12, 2016
Piss off. If your want to use NSC to advertise your site, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] will be happy to come an agreement.

Can't see any rules against non-Albion fans posting links on here, as long as they're relevant. Mods can remove me if they want to.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Seagulls,

What about all our missed chances? It could have been seven.

Injuries cost us the extra couple goals last season. And we have not been able to field anything like a full strength side this season.

Myth 1: Newcastle's hastily assembled squad is stronger than ours. Not so. Our squad is the strongest established over time. Huddersfield seem to lucky with injuries, like Newcastle (who have a strong spine to their side). Still a small chance for Newcastle to come a cropper. Huddersfield squad must be quite strong as well as they played their reserves in the Cup.

Injuries are a bit worrying as if we get any more it could very well test our resources. I had hoped our long term injuries would have recovered a bit earlier. Rosenior is a first team player, but is right-sided in preference.

Trouble is when we have few players injured and then there is always a worry it get more and compounds a really bad situation. Most of our blips occurred this season (and last) when playing our team missing a few first choices.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I don't understand the animosity TBH. I enjoyed reading it so thanks for posting.

The animosity seems to be confined to one solitary poster.

A very good write up. I was talking to friends yesterday about how good it is to read reports of our games that have no Albion bias - as it is sometimes hard to be objective, to recognise how good we actually are.

Keep 'em coming [MENTION=34115]Gabriel[/MENTION].

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very nice report. Many thanks.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports