Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle MATCH REPORT

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I did a report.

As ever, you can read it. If you want.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?697-Albion-1-0-Newcastle-United-24.09.2017

Most of the home side’s pressure focussed on the Toon’s American right back, Deandre Yedlin – Marcus Suttner and (the yet again excellent) Solly March giving him a torrid time. Poor Yedlin had not just them to deal with, but also his team-mates who appeared to hate him. Ritchie bitched at him all half, and Ciaran Clark in particular, bellowed at him constantly, in a manner not seen in a Brighton game since poor Joel Lynch endured his early ‘mentoring’ from Danny Cullip.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Albion_Dave, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

I don't think i have enough loyalty points :(

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Excellent as always, [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]. Best line for me: 'Shelvey is such a good player when he isn’t side-tracked by trying to secure his reputation as the league’s biggest dickhead.' :lol:

On the 'Championes' chant, when they tried a few bursts of it during the game I did think 'Who cares?'. Bless them indeed...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Excellent as always, [MENTION=29900]Exile[/MENTION]. Best line for me: 'Shelvey is such a good player when he isn’t side-tracked by trying to secure his reputation as the league’s biggest dickhead.' :lol:

On the 'Championes' chant, when they tried a few bursts of it during the game I did think 'Who cares?'. Bless them indeed...

I heard:

"You thought it was yours,
You thought it was yoooooours,
We heard you singing,
You thought it was yours"

...presumably in reference to the Championship title.

Shame indeed.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard:

We heard you singing,

Shame indeed.

Nope, it was definitely the tedious (in my opinion) Championes/Campiones drivel. At the match live and on MOTD 2 as well. But as they were ALL singing their hearts out for 90 minutes and that's the ONLY noise the local rag could hear, I guess they could've referenced it in other songs. My point was, I'm really not that fussed about not winning the title. Wasn't at the time and I'm certainly not now.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I heard:

We heard you singing,

Shame indeed.

We heard you singing,
Then Jack Grealish scored"

Apparently.

Devastating. Hearing that really took the gloss off the PREMIER LEAGUE win, for me, and I imagine, everybody else.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Just one thing missing from an otherwise excellent report - ARTWORK!

Sunday matches offer me a rare opportunity to get a report done within 24 hours of the game (unless I want to do it in my OWN time...). Producing ARTWORK would delay that. You can't rush stuff like that!

Another time...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Most of the home side’s pressure focussed on the Toon’s American right back, Deandre Yedlin – Marcus Suttner and (the yet again excellent) Solly March giving him a torrid time. Poor Yedlin had not just them to deal with, but also his team-mates who appeared to hate him. Ritchie bitched at him all half, and Ciaran Clark in particular, bellowed at him constantly, in a manner not seen in a Brighton game since poor Joel Lynch endured his early ‘mentoring’ from Danny Cullip.[/url]

It does appear they are building up a very good understanding.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Sunday matches offer me a rare opportunity to get a report done within 24 hours of the game (unless I want to do it in my OWN time...). Producing ARTWORK would delay that. You can't rush stuff like that!

Another time...

You little tease! I'll look forwards to the ARTWORK. Your reports are the best anyway!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here