Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk - No Longer A Disciplinary Disaster

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
That's 17 games on the spin without a yellow card for him now. And to think he had so many in the first part of last year that everyone on here was just waiting for his next suspension. Fair play to him. He's cleaned up his act.

Last edited:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That pass though...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That's 17 games on the spin without a yellow card for him now. And to think he had so many in the first part of last year that everyone on here was just waiting for his next suspension. Fair play to him. He's cleaned up his act.

An excellent point, well made.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to have to finesse my inane bibbling on the subject.

Instead of saying Dunk gets lead astray by Duffy's robust approach to football, it's now obvious little Lewis couldn't keep his head with Stocko bellowing at him.

All the bundles and look at me bravado surrounding simple double saves from penalties, etc, got into Dunkies head.

Now that has been replaced by 'I need to deal with this as the fella behind appears to be a long way away', everyone's a winner.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Thought he sussed it last season after the first suspension, he does still chase the ball (see Bournemouth second goal), but he dives in a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Since he got sent off in Feb against Hudderfield he has been amazing, and only picked up a further 2 yellows. I would be amazed if a big bid doesn't come in for him in January. I just hope we aren't tempted to sell.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Oh ****ing WELL DONE. :facepalm:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway - it is 17 games without a yellow, purely due to subjective refereeing. He really ought to have got one last Friday for a very deliberate trip on the edge of the box late on.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
He's done really well, that looks like the product of some soul-searching about what he wants to do in football, and hard work and good coaching on the training ground.

Dunk has always had most of the attrbutes to be a top centre half but was just let down by poor judgment, silly fouls and bookings.

I don't see much difference between him and Michael Keane and if he carries on like this, with such a premium on decent centre backs, he will generate interest from bigger clubs and could make an England squad.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Since he got sent off in Feb against Hudderfield he has been amazing, and only picked up a further 2 yellows.
And one of those was a mistake by the ref.
I would be amazed if a big bid doesn't come in for him in January. I just hope we aren't tempted to sell.
I wouldn't worry. He's on a long contract and he'll be wanted in January and each following window. The only way we'd consider selling half way through this season is if we knew the money would allow us to strengthen and do better than we are now. Given that we'll already be planning a big spend on a striker, we don't really need much more to spend in January.

That's not to say we're not going to be a selling club, everyone under the top few are, but we won't need to sell so soon. We won't deny players big moves, but they may have to wait a little.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You can still get 20/1 on Lewis making the England WC squad.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I wouldn't worry. He's on a long contract and he'll be wanted in January and each following window. The only way we'd consider selling half way through this season is if we knew the money would allow us to strengthen and do better than we are now. Given that we'll already be planning a big spend on a striker, we don't really need much more to spend in January.

That's not to say we're not going to be a selling club, everyone under the top few are, but we won't need to sell so soon. We won't deny players big moves, but they may have to wait a little.

With Uwe as backup and a possible £30m+to add to the coffers, It might be tempting, but I agree it would be unlikely.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Thought he sussed it last season after the first suspension, he does still chase the ball (see Bournemouth second goal), but he dives in a lot less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He did dive in once second half. But there were two amazing blocks from Shelvey, the second one when he had space on the left of the penalty area, and D&D chucked their bodies on the line to produce a formidable shield.
I'm amazed at how much he's cut the nonsense out, he seems much calmer now.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Yup. I can't see us selling any of our top players during the January window. The summer is a different question, however.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm going to have to finesse my inane bibbling on the subject.

Instead of saying Dunk gets lead astray by Duffy's robust approach to football, it's now obvious little Lewis couldn't keep his head with Stocko bellowing at him.

All the bundles and look at me bravado surrounding simple double saves from penalties, etc, got into Dunkies head.

Now that has been replaced by 'I need to deal with this as the fella behind appears to be a long way away', everyone's a winner.

That will be the 11 consecutive games where Dunk didn't get booked with Stockdale bellowing at him...?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Anyway - it is 17 games without a yellow, purely due to subjective refereeing. He really ought to have got one last Friday for a very deliberate trip on the edge of the box late on.

Maybe. But even 1 in 17 is good going for someone who used to help himself to cards like a spotty, insecure fat kid on Valentine's Day.

He's done really well, that looks like the product of some soul-searching about what he wants to do in football, and hard work and good coaching on the training ground.

Dunk has always had most of the attrbutes to be a top centre half but was just let down by poor judgment, silly fouls and bookings.

I don't see much difference between him and Michael Keane and if he carries on like this, with such a premium on decent centre backs, he will generate interest from bigger clubs and could make an England squad.

Yup. Something he himself has acknowledged. Now he's made public that he knows that red mist has been there, he appears to have learned how to handle it. And as someone who plays as captain in Bruno's absence, I think we're finally seeing his maturity in a proper responsible professional footballer. I hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here