Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tickets Remaining for Newcastle

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Saying just Lounge availability now £105 :eek: , can't wait until this sells out as well before activating the exchange can they ?

Saying just Lounge availability now , can't wait until this sells out as well before activating the exchange can they ?

The West Brom game was decalred a sellout and the exchange was never activated.

There would have likely have been a rush tonight when people get home from work as it's pay day for many.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
3rd straight 30k crowd then. Can't see Huddersfield,Swansea or Burnley hitting 30k. We should average 30k at the end of the season and set a new club record.:clap2:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The West Brom game was decalred a sellout and the exchange was never activated.

There would have likely have been a rush tonight when people get home from work as it's pay day for many.

If there's a properly automated exchange available (and I have no idea if it is yet), then there's no real reason to not activate it other than, possibly, concern at it going live when there may not be staff around to monitor and intervene if required.

If it's still last season's string-and-sellotape solution, it seems unlikely it would be activated for this game regardless now due to the significant manual effort involved and the limited time available.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
3rd straight 30k crowd then. Can't see Huddersfield,Swansea or Burnley hitting 30k. We should average 30k at the end of the season and set a new club record.:clap2:

Good Stat. Do you have the exact figure to hand that we have to beat over a season

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good Stat. Do you have the exact figure to hand that we have to beat over a season

Last season was our record average at 27.996. This season none of our attendances even against the smaller clubs will drop that low. Nailed on record. Would love to average 30k, will be close.

Last edited:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
From a quick look there are just 6 (six) seats available in the West Stand for sale (excluding the £105 quid offerings which nobody's likely to buy). Cant be arsed to check the whole ground.

"Sell out" really does mean sell out for Mr Barber it seems.

Either that or in reality we have no ticket exchange.

I'm looking because I (+1) can't make Sunday and nor am I able to slip my tickets to anybody (not that I would if I could, obviously :wink:)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The ticket exchange in its current form is pointless isn't it. Hope the new one is great.

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
Three seats all in a row - I don't want them to be empty. They're half price and kids can have them for free. PM me if you're interested. Would prefer to pass them on as a block but will split if you only want one or two. Theoretically speaking. Obviously I wouldn't do this for real.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If there's a properly automated exchange available (and I have no idea if it is yet), then there's no real reason to not activate it other than, possibly, concern at it going live when there may not be staff around to monitor and intervene if required.

If it's still last season's string-and-sellotape solution, it seems unlikely it would be activated for this game regardless now due to the significant manual effort involved and the limited time available.

I asked elsewhere but didn't get a response. I've seen you make a few comments on the subject. Have you had any direct contact with club on their intentions? Is 2.0 going to happen? Will it allow us to put unwanted tickets up in advance so if it does open it already has stock (that's my particular requirement!)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I asked elsewhere but didn't get a response. I've seen you make a few comments on the subject. Have you had any direct contact with club on their intentions? Is 2.0 going to happen? Will it allow us to put unwanted tickets up in advance so if it does open it already has stock (that's my particular requirement!)

I know a proper automated ticket exchange was being deployed for this season, although clearly was not ready in time for the Man City fixture.

I’ve not asked any details beyond that. I can do, although it’s all a bit moot if we’re not selling out, or are only doing so just before a game.

It feels as though other than the visits of the “big clubs” the size of the Amex and the pricing of tickets is almost perfectly in balance - we sell just enough to fill it. Ish.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
EVERTON
I've booked my holiday to escape after the Arsenal game. Problem is the price for 14 nights was only £30 more than for 11 nights. Took a long time convincing me but in the end had to book the two weeks. Annoyed as Rooney* was one of the top players I really wanted to see this season.
So my ticket will not be used because Everton wont sell out 17 days in advance and after that I'm not here. Truth is it will be used by a relative, but this case proves the stupidity of the system. If I could put my ST as available now it would be so much easier. Also, knowing the seat next to me is a single and sold match by match, it could become two seats together.
*Rooney. Never saw George Best and always regretted it. Want to see him for that reason. Different class to Best but still a world class player.

I know a proper automated ticket exchange was being deployed for this season, although clearly was not ready in time for the Man City fixture.

I’ve not asked any details beyond that. I can do, although it’s all a bit moot if we’re not selling out, or are only doing so just before a game.

It feels as though other than the visits of the “big clubs” the size of the Amex and the pricing of tickets is almost perfectly in balance - we sell just enough to fill it. Ish.

This 'just about selling out' thing is a bit of a red herring. But the ticket exhange will be too if it's only deployed at the moment of an official sellout. To re-iterate, I get that no tickets should be offered for sale via the exchange until it's a sellout but the facility to make them available if you know you are not going should be there the moment the fixture goes on sale.

Newcastle will be declared a sellout by the club, and probably today. But there will be no time for those who have known they won't be able to make it for weeks to make their ticket available.

Then, roll on tomorrow. It's a nice day, people want to make a late decision to go, but can't. There will be dozens, maybe a hundred or more who would have made that decision tomorrow. Maybe many hundreds if availabilty was there and it's availability communcated via the club.

But instead, it will be a sellout. There will be 100's of empty seats, probably well over 1000. And people will miss out. STH won't get a dime back on their ticket and will even run the gauntlett of the clubs wrath if they think about letting a mate go in their place.

It is a shame. With Everton looking like sellout out weeks before, I hope the real deal is in place for that.

Anyhow, back on topic. Seats currently available are:-

North = 2 (both front row wheelchair area - but they are next to each other)
WSL = 6
Shelf = 13 (family only)
South = 17 (1 pair in S1G)
ESL = 25 (9 in family , no pairs)
ESU = 17 (3 pairs in E3G)
Premium lounge access = 23 (in W2A)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
This 'just about selling out' thing is a bit of a red herring. But the ticket exhange will be too if it's only deployed at the moment of an official sellout. To re-iterate, I get that no tickets should be offered for sale via the exchange until it's a sellout but the facility to make them available if you know you are not going should be there the moment the fixture goes on sale.

Newcastle will be declared a sellout by the club, and probably today. But there will be no time for those who have known they won't be able to make it for weeks to make their ticket available.

Then, roll on tomorrow. It's a nice day, people want to make a late decision to go, but can't. There will be dozens, maybe a hundred or more who would have made that decision tomorrow. Maybe many hundreds if availabilty was there and it's availability communcated via the club.

But instead, it will be a sellout. There will be 100's of empty seats, probably well over 1000. And people will miss out. STH won't get a dime back on their ticket and will even run the gauntlett of the clubs wrath if they think about letting a mate go in their place.

I completely understand the point - it's not lost on me at all.

I would imagine that any ticket exchange system worthy of the name would allow people to mark their ticket for any given game as available such that when the exchange becomes active there is already a stock of tickets available to sell. Does our though? I have no idea.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Cheers, I didn't appreciate it was due so hopefully soon. I'd assume they are buying/licensing vs building so being this late is odd.

It may well be somewhat irrelevant but they could chose to release pairs/triples before selling out when they only have singles left. I never really understand their approach to selling and how relatively large numbers appear in dribs and drabs. I've seen it suggested as returns, but the numbers look too high. I don't know but I take your point, cheers

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I completely understand the point - it's not lost on me at all.

I would imagine that any ticket exchange system worthy of the name would allow people to mark their ticket for any given game as available such that when the exchange becomes active there is already a stock of tickets available to sell. Does our though? I have no idea.

Was talking to a pal at work about this - he is a STH at Arsenal and that's how theirs works - you can stick it on the exchange any time, but it'll only be available for purchase if the club have sold out, at which point all the exchange tickets go live.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here